Selecting Vice-Presidential Nominees (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:03:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Selecting Vice-Presidential Nominees (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Selecting Vice-Presidential Nominees  (Read 7116 times)
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« on: October 06, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »

Including governors would be technically possible with a change of the law, but you then have the problem of how do you decide which governor gets first shot at being President.

I suppose using the order in which the states were admitted to the union is out of the question?
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 04:41:25 AM »

Including governors would be technically possible with a change of the law, but you then have the problem of how do you decide which governor gets first shot at being President.

I suppose using the order in which the states were admitted to the union is out of the question?

There are governors who are ineligible for the Presidency, namely the governator.

In which case it shouldn't be too much hassle to skip them, afterall cabinet members who're ineligible to become president are missed out of the line of succession.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 03:45:20 PM »

There are governors who are ineligible for the Presidency, namely the governator.

In which case it shouldn't be too much hassle to skip them, afterall cabinet members who're ineligible to become president are missed out of the line of succession.

I thought cabinet members have to be eligible for the Presidency to hold their position.

Bush's Secretary of Labor (and Mitch McConnell's wife), Elaine Chao, born in Taiwan, ineligible to become President and full cabinet member, she was simply skipped from the line of succession.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies