Isn't California entertaining to watch?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:38:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Isn't California entertaining to watch?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Isn't California entertaining to watch?  (Read 3477 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 05:06:39 AM »

My favorite part was when Mr Libertarian said the rest of us are picking on California because we don't like them.....what are the first two states he uses to show us how unfair we are by ignoring these much loved but just as in debt states? New Jersey and Mississippi.  Two of the few states that are hated more than Cali.  Was Massachusetts public debt not high enough?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 05:11:44 AM »

Uh, no, though nice job trying to discredit me without actually addressing any of my points (you can't). Exactly where did I posit a conspiracy theory ,you loquacious twit? Point it out to me, please? All I've suggested is that, because the right-wing has painted the media as being a liberal fifth column, they now consciously avoid critiquing the right so as to avoid that label (and hence lose viewers), even where it might be beneficial. That is not a conspiracy theory, moron, though it certainly helps your side to dismiss it as such. 
It certainly isn't fact.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 07:51:54 AM »

It's because California, unlike N.J. or Miss., can't pass a budget from its polarized legislature and 2/3 majority required (until this morning) and because its crazy initiative system and constitution mean its revenue streams are far more ridiculous and jerry-rigged than any normal state's.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 10:41:07 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2009, 10:43:52 PM by Torie »

You have a point Einzige. If folks are broke, it may be hard to tax them some more. But I suppose one could raise taxes on their income, and they could just go BK, and screw private creditors. Anyway thanks.

By the way Louisiana gets a ton of revenue from oil, so that is the real source of its revenue. Without oil, and its attendant industries, Louisiana would be in terrible shape indeed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies