What're you wearing right now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:31:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What're you wearing right now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: What're you wearing right now?  (Read 35432 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: November 26, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »

Well well tststinborack, I like that outfit and would love to see a photograph!

Ah well, long time I haven't had one of those little devices in my hands, so can't do one right now, and anyhow I don't have a full body mirror here. Just be sure it's great. Grin
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2011, 08:53:23 PM by opebo »

Besides the aforementioned green khaki trousers, now quite stained with use, I'm sporting my current favorite t-shirt today - a dark blue one from a Saudi oil rigger with a sort of outline drawing of the oil rigs on it and the name of the company.

Correction: not oil rigs, but more like an outline of a kind of refinery plant.  An oil company t-shirt from Saudi.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »

Today, nothing special. Purple button down, Jeans, boots, and my North Face, since it's cold in the office today.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:04 PM »

Gray t-shirt, light gray hoodie, dark gray sweatpants, white socks. Very fancy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »

An early eighties pair of dark blue corderoy Haggar trousers, held up by a tan cloth belt, a brown plaid button down shirt of the same era (or maybe even late seventies) with a just-slightly-wider-than-present-day collar, a soft old gray 'hoodie', and a pair of low-top black Converse.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »

A sleeveless muscle T shirt purchased from Walmart, AG jeans from Nordstroms, and running shoes. That is my typical uniform. Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »

I just got back from a political Christmas party so I have grey slacks, a blue jacket, and of course a holiday tie. Tonight my tie selection was a pattern of Christmas lights on a red background. And no, they didn't light up.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2011, 02:14:58 PM »

A sleeveless muscle T shirt purchased from Walmart, AG jeans from Nordstroms, and running shoes. That is my typical uniform. Smiley

Funny you should call it a 'uniform'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2011, 01:30:14 AM »

Today I'm very smart for work in charcoal gray slacks, dark brown belt and shoes, and a very nice Brooks Brothers medium blue shirt with a very tiny, almost invisible check in it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2011, 02:53:38 PM »

Funny you should call it a 'uniform'.

Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »

Second-hand South Korean boxer shorts, in a nice off-white or ecru with a dark pink and gray plaid in them.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »

Jeans and a polo shirt from JC Penny.  Pretty standard atire.  I'm not super picky.. I just like clothes that fit properly (no skinny jeans and no super baggy jeans)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »

As an example, this is what not to wear.  Not to mention the smoking, the nasty greasy hair, and the pasty white unsunned skin.

He just looks like the type of person who lives off of doritos, mountain dew, and cigarettes.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2011, 03:28:21 AM »

As an example, this is what not to wear.  Not to mention the smoking, the nasty greasy hair, and the pasty white unsunned skin.

Actually a little oil is better than dry flyaway hair, and for sure pasty unsunned skin is far healthier than the alternative, but I agree with you that too-tight or too-baggy clothes are stupid. (and while I've never smoked a cigarette, I find it to be cool and the condemnation of smoke to be the height of prudery).

I'm currently wearing a nice green plaid shirt with a bit of red, blue, and gray in it, and a pair of navy blue trousers (yes I thought I was wearing black trousers when I left the house - I don't mind navy with green in casual clothing, but I find it slightly suspect when one is trying to 'dress up' for work).  Dark brown belt and shoes of course.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2011, 02:10:04 PM »

Cheap grey tweed jacket, a nice linen shirt, dark brownish (kind of) corduroy trousers. Earlier in the day, the shirt was cotton, there was a tie (made of the objectively correct material for such things; wool), and a dark brown jumper. And, when outside, a long black coat, a flat cap, a scarf and leather gloves.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2011, 03:37:52 PM »

Cheap grey tweed jacket, a nice linen shirt, dark brownish (kind of) corduroy trousers. Earlier in the day, the shirt was cotton, there was a tie (made of the objectively correct material for such things; wool), and a dark brown jumper. And, when outside, a long black coat, a flat cap, a scarf and leather gloves.

If you're buying all that stuff second hand, then you are I are very alike - I wore somewhat similar attire at home in the winter (though not the tie).  If not, where are you getting all that money?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »

If you're buying all that stuff second hand, then you are I are very alike - I wore somewhat similar attire at home in the winter (though not the tie).  If not, where are you getting all that money?

I sell heroin to primary school children. Have I not mentioned this before? Seriously though, yeah, charity shops are good. Well, some of them are. There are some absolute dives around here (because of the students).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2011, 05:25:01 PM »

I sell heroin to primary school children. Have I not mentioned this before? Seriously though, yeah, charity shops are good. Well, some of them are. There are some absolute dives around here (because of the students).

Back in the day (my day) - the eighties and nineties, and very early 2000s, before the severe poverty that is now the norm, one could easily find all sorts of good things in american thrift stores or second hand shops as they are called there.  I wonder nowadays if anything's changed.  Visiting second hand stores is practically the only thing I miss about the US.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2011, 03:47:09 PM by opebo »

It is still very chilly here - down to about 55 at night - so I'm wearing a fairly lightweight pair of blue/grey corduroys held up by a tan cloth belt, a sort of dark orange/brown plaid Chinese uncle long sleeved polo (3 button placket, breast pocket, very soft and comfy), topped off with a fairly heavy lambs-wool dark blue cardigan with pockets.  Oh, and black converse, but still without socks - its not that cold.  Of course I also don a jacket and scarf for when riding the motorbike.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »

A POC shirt in Swedish colors, that I got from my brother as a Christmas present.

Similar to this, just with 2cm of yellow at the end of the sleeves:

Together with black jeans and Birkenstock sandals (-> hippie).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #270 on: December 24, 2011, 03:51:30 PM »

A POC shirt...
Together with black jeans,,,

What does POC stand for?

I'm wearing black jeans too (not precisely black, but close) - and I can't say I like it.  These are my only pair of jeans and though I get compliments on them, I just don't find jeans comfortable.  I'm a slacks or trousers man, and best of all are corduroys.

Oh, besides, the jeans, I have a brown/green checked long sleeved button-down, a v-necked dark blue pullover sweater, and hanging on the back of the chair, a fairly heavy khaki jacket. Still cold here.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #271 on: December 24, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »

A sweater and dark jeans.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #272 on: December 25, 2011, 02:16:20 AM »

Nothing specifically I think:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2011, 11:19:09 AM »

red long sleeved shirt and khaki pants
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States