What're you wearing right now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What're you wearing right now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Author Topic: What're you wearing right now?  (Read 35104 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 25, 2011, 01:59:15 PM »

Still wearing the damned black jeans, with a nice circa 1980 brown plaid shirt and a blue acrylic v-neck pullover from the same era, with ancient worn out gray boat shoes and a khaki cloth belt.

I'd really like to buy some new boat shoes, but I just looked at them at a mall the other day and they were like $100.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #276 on: December 25, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »

Sweats and a Santa hat.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #277 on: December 25, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »

White t-shirt & blue Jean pajama pants.

+ a snazzy sweater.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2012, 07:44:28 AM »

Some good old navy blue poly-ester pants.. maybe from the late seventies or very early eighties.. a nice eighties brown/red/green plaid short sleeve button-down in muted tones (Wedgefield brand), a dark brown lightweight cardigan with a swastika on the lapel (a Buddhist one, not a Nazi one) and a yellow band on one arm, and good old well-worn light blue Converse with no socks.  Yes, the weekend.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2012, 12:18:47 PM »

Amazingly good-quality asian (maybe Chinese or Korean?) second hand dress pants in a kind of very dark near-navy blue, a Daniel Cremieux long sleeved button-down dress shirt in an unusual green plaid with hints of red and blue, dark brown belt and shoes.  Whole outfit cost me less than $20 I guess, which is normal for me, but I think I come off looking rather just-so for the office.  Get a lot of compliments.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »

The last couple of days I broke out a 70's acrylic golf cardigan I've hardly ever worn, despite owning for a decade.  Its a strange yellowy-green color, something you'd only see in the 70s, and I've always been a bit doubtful about it.  I'm also wearing a vibrant medium blue hospital orderly's polo with the hospital insignia on the breast, and dark brown trousers, with a cloth belt and black low-top converse, sockless.

And I actually got a compliment from a Thai girl at a hip coffeeshop on my weird sweater!
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:16 PM »

The last couple of days I broke out a 70's acrylic golf cardigan I've hardly ever worn, despite owning for a decade.  Its a strange yellowy-green color, something you'd only see in the 70s, and I've always been a bit doubtful about it.  I'm also wearing a vibrant medium blue hospital orderly's polo with the hospital insignia on the breast, and dark brown trousers, with a cloth belt and black low-top converse, sockless.

And I actually got a compliment from a Thai girl at a hip coffeeshop on my weird sweater!

I find that trotting out pieces of clothing from decades ago can indeed generate compliments from those too young to see the clothes as old and tired.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2012, 10:26:15 PM »

University of Oklahoma t-shirt and gray pajama pants.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2012, 11:42:58 PM »

dark skinny jeans, brown boat shoes, a white button-down collar shirt with light blue stripes and a gray v-neck sweater.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2012, 12:24:50 AM »

Sweat pants and a Modest Mouse t-shirt. I think I'm bottoming out as a person.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »

Black robe and boxers

Santorum '12
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2012, 03:19:24 AM »

White socks, sweatpants, black shirt with a Giants logo on the front. The usual.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2012, 11:57:02 AM by opebo »

I find that trotting out pieces of clothing from decades ago can indeed generate compliments from those too young to see the clothes as old and tired.

Very good!  We have finally some common ground (though in point of fact I bought all my clothes in second-hand shops specifically to try to look cool, so its not really the same thing, but point well taken).

dark skinny jeans, brown boat shoes, a white button-down collar shirt with light blue stripes and a gray v-neck sweater.

Very good!  Not exactly what I would do, but you're barking up the right tree.

At the moment I'm very 'professional' in a nice pair of charcoal gray dress trousers (I'm finding more of them finally in the second hand here, used to have only the one pair, now 2-3. can at last and with relief give the black a rest), a kind of dark green checked shirt with a bit of burgundy and white in the check - its a Puritan brand, a brand of which I used to be dubious, but now I'm wondering if it was in fact associated with J.C. Penney, an excellent store -  topped with a nice dark blue Chinese cardigan sweater, and finished off with brown leather belt and brown open shoes and dark blue socks.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #288 on: February 23, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »

On holiday!  I'm wearing dark khaki-green cargo shorts, alas I don't know the brand, and a very nice and spiffy genuine 1970s light blue short sleeve button down with small white vertical stripes and a big collar!  Don't worry it has a placket though.  Finishing this ensemble, black and bright neon-green flip-flops.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #289 on: February 23, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »

I'm currently wearing beige kinos and a white Dogville t-shirt. I garnered several anti-compliments at university today wearing that. Cheesy
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #290 on: February 23, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »

'Kinos'?  Is that like chinos?

Why would you get anti-compliments for a Dogville t-shirt?  I quite liked that fillum.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #291 on: February 23, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »

A sweater vest (no kidding).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #292 on: February 23, 2012, 06:38:40 PM »

Why would you get anti-compliments for a Dogville t-shirt?  I quite liked that fillum.

Oh, right, that's how one spells it. Shows how interested I am in clothes, I guess...

I don't think it was the theme of it. One of my friends called it a fashion disaster. Which in this case, rarely for me, was actually somewhat intentional. I want to look bad for this particular course. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #293 on: February 24, 2012, 11:46:44 AM »

Oh, right, that's how one spells it. Shows how interested I am in clothes, I guess...

I don't think it was the theme of it. One of my friends called it a fashion disaster. Which in this case, rarely for me, was actually somewhat intentional. I want to look bad for this particular course. Tongue

Looking very bad is sometimes just the trick.  But I don't see their point.  What shoes were you wearing?

(at the moment I'm in practically the same outfit as yesterday, just changed from the 70s shirt to a colorful 80's Madras.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »

It's Friday, so I'm just wearing the usual. Jeans from somewhere, AE or Old Navy. Brown polo, steel toe boots, and that's about it. I've quickly learned that I don't need to dress up too much unless senior company officers come into town.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #295 on: May 04, 2012, 01:43:18 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2012, 07:52:26 PM by El muerto se rķe del degollado »

My favorite pair of dark brown dress pants (Haggar of course) - I finally took them to the seamstress to have them taken in a bit, so now they're still very roomy but not ridiculously so.  Topped off with a very nice quality light blue buttondown Nautica shirt with a hint of purplish or dark blue check, black belt and shoes.  Very comfortable outfit, though earlier there was a downpour and I had to don a black hooded rain-jacket as well.  
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »

grey tshirt and what dead0 has taught me are boxer-briefs.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #297 on: May 04, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »

New Jersey Devils t-shirt and navy blue basketball shorts.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #298 on: January 01, 2013, 01:41:06 PM »

To give you fellows an idea of how cold it is here now (down to upper fifties many nights):

I'm wearing a pair of old dark-blue slack-style corduroys, a very well-worn soft Brooks brother shirt, white with a fine brown/grey check in it, white socks, my worn-out gun-metal grey boat shoes, and a black hoodie.  Earlier when I was on the motorbike I had added to this a heavy insulated navy blue windbreaker with red and white stripes in the arms, a voluminous red-and-black plaid wooly scarf, and heavy hardware-store style dark brown gloves.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »

A red "Reagan is my homeboy" T-shirt, tube socks, and a pair of dark Levi's 501s.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies