Will there ever be a Republican landslide again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:04:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will there ever be a Republican landslide again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Will there ever be a Republican landslide again?  (Read 16682 times)
J-Mann
United States

« on: October 09, 2004, 08:38:36 PM »

Republicans would never nominate McCain or a Black Guy for President. They have had their chance to do both and win big in 1996 and 2000 and passed it up.

If common sense was present in the Republican Party, I would be supporting the party and there would be no need for the Democratic Party.

Don't be so certain.  Powell had no interest in being president; he stated that on a lot of occasions, and I've got no reason to think that he really felt otherwise and was just being "held down by the man".  Don't forget that Republicans are a big-tent party, now.  The war on terror made a lot of people turn into hawks, regardless of their views on things like gays and abortions.  

And please don't try to turn this into a racial thing.  Democrats have also had their chances to nominate a black man and haven't done so, even though they claim to be the party of minorities.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 01:37:58 AM »

Jeb's a "Catholic", although I suspect that may be the case only to help with the Hispanic voters.

No, he's a convert because his wife is a Catholic.  She's the only "Hispanic voter" that had anything to do with his conversion.  That's ridiculous to claim that he did it for the votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies