Will there ever be a Republican landslide again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:44:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will there ever be a Republican landslide again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Will there ever be a Republican landslide again?  (Read 16698 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 09, 2004, 09:24:36 PM »

Giuliani could never win the nomination, if you honestly think the GOP would nominate someone who is against banning partial birth abortion you are one deluded soul. Plus he hasn't even hinted he has any plans of running, and the fact is if 9/11 hadn't happened anyone who mentioned him as a possible candidate would be laughed out of town.

Arnold is ineligible and if he was made eligible (which won't happen), plenty would still vote against him just on priniciple.

McCain won't run again (he's too old and is not in great health), the GOP had their chance to nominate him and they went with the moron who could barely speak English instead. You blew it.

Powell has no interest, is too old (isn't he going to be 71 in 2008 or something) and is too moderate to win the nomination anyway.

So basically in the near future it would only happen if we for some reason nominated Lyndon LaRouche, which we won't, so no. In the distant future, almost certainly, but there almost certainly will be a Democratic landslide again as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 09:26:26 PM »

and I am the only person who finds that Republicans are almost 100% certain who will run in 2008 a little ridiculous?

I've seen it all the time here, "In 2008 I'll be supporting ______" before anyone's even announced their intentions.

How many Democrats in 2000 at this point did you hear saying "If Gore loses I'll be supporting Kerry/Dean/Edwards in 2004"?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 09:34:59 PM »

Kerry voted against DOMA
Bush supports the Federal Marriage Amendment

Bush and Kerry are the same on gay rights?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 10:02:42 PM »

Jeb's a "Catholic", although I suspect that may be the case only to help with the Hispanic voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies