Will there ever be a Republican landslide again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:31:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will there ever be a Republican landslide again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Will there ever be a Republican landslide again?  (Read 16684 times)
Matusleo

« on: October 10, 2004, 06:48:43 PM »

and I am the only person who finds that Republicans are almost 100% certain who will run in 2008 a little ridiculous?

I've seen it all the time here, "In 2008 I'll be supporting ______" before anyone's even announced their intentions.

How many Democrats in 2000 at this point did you hear saying "If Gore loses I'll be supporting Kerry/Dean/Edwards in 2004"?

I honestly expect Jeb Bush to run and win the nomination, demonstrating that the GOP are completely without imagination.
Matusleo

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 07:04:29 PM »

Jeb won't run in '08. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run for U.S. senator in 2006, though.

I honestly don't see anybody in the Bush family running for a legislative seat anymore.  It is not in their character.  They are the sort who need to run things and be in charge. 

And like I said, I think it is perfectly plausible for Jeb to run for the GOP nomination in 2008.  After all, who else is there?  Sure, folks mention Guliani, but does anybody actually expect him to get any religious conservatives behind him?  He'll go in with big fanfare, and come out with very little.
Matusleo

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 07:22:20 PM »

Giuliani and Bush are not the only two Republicans in existance.

True.  Any other GOPers who could likely run for President though?  The GOP doesn't tend to nominate people who aren't front and center.
Matusleo

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 07:34:13 PM »

Any two-term governor would have a decent shot.

And I expect we'll see quite a few of them run, but the GOP always plays favourites.  And if Jeb Bush is running, he'll be the favourite, and you know it.
Matusleo

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:48:42 PM »

GOP voters will be sick of the Bush family by then.

I'm sick of the Bush family now, but I guess I don't count as a GOP voter. ;-)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies