Fast Food Chains You Desire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:55:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Fast Food Chains You Desire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Fast Food Chains You Desire  (Read 13676 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »

I prefer ethnic - Vietnamese, Indian, Thai.

Definitely. I dislike most fast food chains. When it is desirable to eat some quickly and cheap, there usually are local places (or smaller chains) where the food is signifiicantly better and healthier yet not much more expensive.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »

I want a Dairy Queen.  Just a simple Dairy Queen.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »

In-N-Out, Chick-fil-A
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 07:06:57 PM »

Definitely. I dislike most fast food chains. When it is desirable to eat some quickly and cheap, there usually are local places (or smaller chains) where the food is signifiicantly better and healthier yet not much more expensive.

Exactly, my friend.   The Vietnamese and Indian places are just about the same price as fast food......Thai a bit more, but worth it.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »

Exactly, my friend.   The Vietnamese and Indian places are just about the same price as fast food......Thai a bit more, but worth it.
Very true. I can eat Thai near my house for $7. It really doesn't make much sense to head to the burger king and pay the same price for something that'll make you a fat.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 08:54:36 AM »

Desire is an awfully strong word used to describe American culinary mediocrity.  (Wow, I sound like Opebo.)

But seriously guys -- I am a fat and I love a good burger.  But fast food?  If I absolutely have to, because I am on the road and pressed for time, Burger King.  Most of the rest just tastes like ass.  The Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich approaches being tolerable. 

There is a chain here called "Rally's" but I think, in other parts of the country, it is called something else.  It's not bad. 

I much prefer taking the time to find a locally-owned restaurant with a wait staff, a full bar and a respectable menu.  Not even thinking about caloric or health considerations.  Just quality and atmosphere.  Eating should be enjoyed...savored.  Not scarfed down.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »

Taco Bell, Taco Mayo, Taco Bueno, hell probably any mexican fast food restaurant (must be the Southwest American in me).
If there was a fast food buffalo wing restaurant, I would totally be raging for it.
Popeyes.
Does Subway count?
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2009, 11:42:54 AM »

I just had some Jack in the Box yesterday.  Pretty good food, I like their innovative menu.  Their milkshakes are tasty and good.  Ever tried their Teriyaki rice bowls?  Those are good, hot steaming and fresh, even though the rice is americanized.  They're expanding big in Colorado and around Denver.

We have a local chain in CO called Smash Burger, it's a bit pricy but oh so good. Beef made fresh, not frozen.  Fries are crispy and awesome.

What most Coloradians desire is an In n Out. The closest one is in SW Utah.  I already e-mailed them and they're looking into it.  Had some in San Diego, it was packed, fresh and delicious.

We need to get is more steak houses.  We already have Lonestar, Salt Grass, Outback, Texas Roadhouse.  I ate at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Jacksonville, FL really good stuff.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 12:06:16 PM »

... The Vietnamese and Indian places are just about the same price as fast food......Thai a bit more, but worth it.

Wow, where do you live that Indian food is as cheap as fast food?  Back in St. Louis there is a fair amount of Indian food but its usually $8-11 for the lunch buffets and maybe $12-20 per person for dinner.  The only place that you could possibly eat for the $6 fast food price would be the vegetarian Indian place.  Vietnamese, yes, could be closer to the fast food price, but still just a little higher - maybe $8-12 for dinner with a beverage.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »

... The Vietnamese and Indian places are just about the same price as fast food......Thai a bit more, but worth it.

Wow, where do you live that Indian food is as cheap as fast food?  Back in St. Louis there is a fair amount of Indian food but its usually $8-11 for the lunch buffets and maybe $12-20 per person for dinner.  The only place that you could possibly eat for the $6 fast food price would be the vegetarian Indian place.  Vietnamese, yes, could be closer to the fast food price, but still just a little higher - maybe $8-12 for dinner with a beverage.

Pittsburgh........very inexpensive Indian and Vietnamese places and the places are clean, quick, and good portions.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »

Quizno's.

Buffalo chicken ranch, or chicken carbonara... >_>
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 03:42:28 PM »

I just had some Jack in the Box yesterday.  Pretty good food, I like their innovative menu.  Their milkshakes are tasty and good.  Ever tried their Teriyaki rice bowls?  Those are good, hot steaming and fresh, even though the rice is americanized.  They're expanding big in Colorado and around Denver.

We have a local chain in CO called Smash Burger, it's a bit pricy but oh so good. Beef made fresh, not frozen.  Fries are crispy and awesome.

What most Coloradians desire is an In n Out. The closest one is in SW Utah.  I already e-mailed them and they're looking into it.  Had some in San Diego, it was packed, fresh and delicious.

We need to get is more steak houses.  We already have Lonestar, Salt Grass, Outback, Texas Roadhouse.  I ate at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Jacksonville, FL really good stuff.

I'm sorry, but chain steakhouses are, in general, disgusting.  Why not go for a locally owned steakhouse?

I was at a restaurant last summer (excuse me, it was actually a Supper Club.. not many of those around anymore) and it was so tacky with its 1970s era faux elegance... but the food was amazing.  The steak was fork tender and the Yorkshire puddings (I can't think of the other name we use for them when they're bigger..) were also really good.  Plus the owner was a lady from Berlin and we spoke German to eachother, which is always a plus in my book.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »

I had Thai for dinner last night for $9.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »

we just got a smashburger!  they are mighty tasty.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »

There is a chain here called "Rally's" but I think, in other parts of the country, it is called something else.  It's not bad. 
Checkers.  They are good, but ghetto.  We have neither in Omaha.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 05:19:57 PM »

Jack in the Box and Whataburger. My life would be complete if they opened those here. Maybe Taco Bueno...but I have to be in the right mood to have that.
You are in luck (if you in Virginia which I believe you are), I have seen Jack in the Box commercials and learned they are moving toward your area and mine

If this is true...then there is a god!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »

I have been clamoring to get an In and Out Burger, although there plans do not seem to include westward expansion.  I should be thankful that Sonic has finally arrived to my area and a Five Guys has gone close and I have realized its goodness.

Are there any fast food chains that you really want to come to your area?

Do you live near Hackensack? Have you ever been to White Manna?
I live about 5-10 miles from Hackensack (I'm not hiding I honestly don't remember the measurement from Rutherford ot Hackensack).  The restaurant is great, if you have been there, I often play tennis at the club across the street and my coach ALWAYS stops there.  Personally, I think its great but overrated a little bit
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 11:31:08 PM »

Checkers is horrible.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 11:32:53 PM »

Checkers is horrible.
incorrect answer. Checkers is the most delicious cause of death in America.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 11:34:25 PM »

Shocked Checkers is great!!!!!! I remember when we lived in Lexington Park MD and they came there. That was where every kid hung out and chili cheese fries were the bomb!!!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 11:38:39 PM »

McDonalds is better then Checkers, and I'm no fan of McDs for lunch.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 11:55:15 PM »

McDonalds is better then Checkers, and I'm no fan of McDs for lunch.
swap those two and you have a deal.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »

I really want to f**k KFC.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 09:39:49 PM »

Subway I definitely wouldn't consider fast food.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »

Subway I definitely wouldn't consider fast food.

No?  What is it?  I just lump it in with all those junky chains.

Junky? Geesh, you must be a picky connoisseur. It's not your definition of fast food, which of course is a completely negative connotation. Subway sandwiches aren't really all that bad. They do what they do and IMHO they do it decently. I fail to see what the difference would be between buying a Subway sandwich and making a sandwich at your own house.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies