Which institutions would you prefer for France?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:10:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Which institutions would you prefer for France?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Which institutions would you prefer for France?  (Read 4794 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »

Luckily the conservatives of cro-magnon societies didn't win! Grin

Good for you.

I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm not a flipflopper and nobody will convince me to change my principles, not you, not anybody.

And that's not my goal in life, I would have at least expose the arguments of my point of view and, as I said, of course everyone is free to deal with it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »

Personally, I think regionalism could be a good thing, but not federalism. We definitely are one country and "federalism" will result in increasingsing inequalities between regions, when an united country ( not an ultra-centralized ne as in the 60's, but still a strong State ) could regulate things better.
That being said, I'm strongly Anti-nationalist and pro-european. I think today's nations are too small to weigh something internationally, but the right way to get rid of Nations in more unity, not more divisions.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 05:56:45 PM »

Personally, I explain my point of view concerning regionalism. What you're talking about Antonio is rather regionalisation, something I'm not opposed to, if it isn't aimed with regionalist purposes...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »

What you're talking about Antonio is rather regionalisation, something I'm not opposed to, if it isn't aimed with regionalist purposes...

Giving a little money to people outside of Paris to build little roads and have a cute little regional park isn't regionalisation.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »

What you're talking about Antonio is rather regionalisation, something I'm not opposed to, if it isn't aimed with regionalist purposes...

Giving a little money to people outside of Paris to build little roads and have a cute little regional park isn't regionalisation.

Oh ya, I personally wouldn't be opposed to extended powers to regions, I could even be open minded to some more or less federalism. I'm just fed the hell up by "regionalism", by regionalism I mean the matter of old identities/cultures because I find it a waste of time to try to make live something that have been more or less killed, or just to try to make something survive just in order to make it survive, a waste of time and a miss of perspectives. Don't know whether this is to be called Jacobinism or not, but I think I already explained myself on that matter...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 07:35:14 AM »

Oh ya, I personally wouldn't be opposed to extended powers to regions, I could even be open minded to some more or less federalism. I'm just fed the hell up by "regionalism", by regionalism I mean the matter of old identities/cultures because I find it a waste of time to try to make live something that have been more or less killed, or just to try to make something survive just in order to make it survive, a waste of time and a miss of perspectives. Don't know whether this is to be called Jacobinism or not, but I think I already explained myself on that matter...

Totally agreed.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies