2012 Democratic Primaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:22:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Democratic Primaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Assuming that all of these canidates run, who would you vote for?
Barack Obama
Mark Warner
Hillary Clinton
Dennis Kucinich
Write-In Canidate (Your Choice)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 2012 Democratic Primaries  (Read 5068 times)
Lahbas
United States

« on: July 25, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »
« edited: July 25, 2009, 02:39:25 PM by Lahbas »

Barack Obama's approval rating are steadily going up, but are still in the lower 40's. From an unemployment high of 16% in 2010, it has since gone down to 11%. However, the recapture of Congress by the Republican Party has stifled most of what remained in his program. Challengers, though prominent, have been few. The only thing of major note is that Biden has declined to be reelected a second term as Vice-President, perferring to retire.
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »

Neck and Neck between Obama and Clinton, while Warner is not far behind. Kucinich is where he always is.
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 12:28:38 AM »

Where are Republicans going to pick up the seats to get control of Congress? especially in the Senate where they would have to pick off a bunch of deep blue states. 

The recession is bad enough to allow the Republicans to make large gains similar to that of the Democrat's gains in 2006. However, I agree that it would not give them the Senate. At the same time, it would be a rather narrow Democratic Majority, possibly 53-47. The House would be the reverse of today.

Also, Warner, Clinton, and Obama are practically tied.
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »

Voting closes on Friday, 9-12 PM East Coast US time. I decided to make it a little longer than I had planned, due to the large amount of voters. From there, we will proceed over th weekend through the National Conventions for both the Republican and Democratic Primaries. I'll explain more come Wednesday.
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:05 PM »

As I have said previously, the voting will end on Friday. At that point, I will open up the conventions. There, we will be a delegation vote, each of which will last two days, eliminating the previous canidate with the least number of votes, until one of the canidates achieves a two-thirds majority. Once Canidates have been determined, there will be a Vice-Presidential nomination, but we'll get to that later. For now, keep voting. And Thank You for expressing interest.
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 04:22:10 PM »

Alright, we have got our canidates, and voting is done. Onto the convention!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies