Found An Apartment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:13:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Found An Apartment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Found An Apartment  (Read 1760 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:20:36 PM »

Ahh my search is finally over, just put a deposit down on an Apartment woo hoo
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »

Nice, I just got a new one myself. I'm sharing it with my brother though.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »

Congrats........a bachelor pad at last..........ahhhhhhhhhhhh those were the days, my friend..i thought they'd never end......
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »

Long Island?

BX?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »

Long Island?

Yeah.  My parents are about to move to SC outside of Charlotte (1/2 mile over the NC/SC border) so I needed to find a place.  It is in South Farmingdale, and less than 10 minutes from where I live now (Massapequa Park)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:33:54 PM »

Nice!  You should have moved closer to the city. Wink
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »

Nice!  You should have moved closer to the city. Wink

I wanted to stay in the general area I am now since that is where most my friends are.   Also since I was hit with layoffs earlier in the year and currently looking for a full time job, staying in the vicinity of where I am helps from a commuting perspective.  I'm still in Nassau County so its still very commutable to NYC (which is what I was previously doing) and also commutable to pretty much anywhere on LI, (with the exception of way out east) including the three major business hubs on Long Island (Garden City, Melville and Happauge.)  If I go further west on Long Island, traffic issues pretty much take Happauge out of the picture (or at least turn it into a headache) and further west in Nassau really doesn't make commuting to Jersey or Westchester any easier.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »

Long Island?

BX?

I wish. I'm going to school upstate though. In New Paltz (aka hippieworld), specifically.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 09:52:01 PM »

Sounds smart.  Nassau is a good location.  I'm just busting your chops because I would totally snatch up any chance to move to the city in a heartbeat (regardless of how reasonable it is).  I'm actually going out to the island for the first time next Wednesday.  Should be interesting.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »

Sounds smart.  Nassau is a good location.  I'm just busting your chops because I would totally snatch up any chance to move to the city in a heartbeat (regardless of how reasonable it is).  I'm actually going out to the island for the first time next Wednesday.  Should be interesting.

Where on LI will you be?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 10:45:21 PM »

How much a month there?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 10:45:35 PM »

Where on LI will you be?

I'll be way out there in Setauket.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 11:23:26 PM »

Its $1,075 all utilities included, small, but eat in kitchen, fairly large bedroom and good sized living room.  It includes cable as well, but probably just basic cable so I will likely have to pay more for that.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »

Its $1,075 all utilities included, small, but eat in kitchen, fairly large bedroom and good sized living room.  It includes cable as well, but probably just basic cable so I will likely have to pay more for that.

Holy Christ!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »

Where on LI will you be?

I'll be way out there in Setauket.

Lived near there for four years when I was in the dorms at Stony Brook.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 11:29:25 PM »

Holy Christ!

I could have gotten something smaller and spent less, but wanted something a bit nicer and larger, but yeah its expensive.  Studios generally range from $750+ (might be able to find something a little less, but would be quite small and even the $750 ones are small) and 1 bedrooms typically 850+ (again could find something a little cheaper, but would be real small and even the $850 ones are generally quite small).  Most 1 bedrooms will likely range from $950-1200.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 11:30:39 PM »

Holy Christ!

I know Smash got a good deal right ?      NY is rough.  You tend to make more money but housing eats up most of it.   It may be a shock to you states but that is a pretty good deal.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »

Holy Christ!

I could have gotten something smaller and spent less, but wanted something a bit nicer and larger, but yeah its expensive.  Studios generally range from $750+ (might be able to find something a little less, but would be quite small and even the $750 ones are small) and 1 bedrooms typically 850+ (again could find something a little cheaper, but would be real small and even the $850 ones are generally quite small).  Most 1 bedrooms will likely range from $950-1200.

Wow. I pay 730/month (taxes & insurance included) for my 3 bdrm 1 1/2 bath house.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »

Holy Christ!

Wow. I pay 730/month (taxes & insurance included) for my 3 bdrm 1 1/2 bath house.

Is that something you own or rent?  Just took a look at the 3 bedroom ones here for rent advertised on craigslist.   In the areas near where I am very little for under $2,000, a few that are under that are in the 1700-1900 range + utilities.  With even less of a selection in that price range with utilities included (and that is generally a bit further east than what I am looking in)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 11:55:32 PM »

Holy Christ!

Is that something you own or rent?  Just took a look at the 3 bedroom ones here for rent advertised on craigslist.   In the areas near where I am very little for under $2,000, a few that are under that are in the 1700-1900 range + utilities.  With even less of a selection in that price range with utilities included (and that is generally a bit further east than what I am looking in)

Own. I bought my house right before the big housing boom in 02. Houses were still under 100k when I bought my home.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 12:00:56 AM »

Holy Christ!

Own. I bought my house right before the big housing boom in 02. Houses were still under 100k when I bought my home.

Wow, how much did you wind up paying for it?  Even before the boom here (which started around 99) you couldn't get anything for less than $100,000 here.  My parents are selling in the low 400's for a 3bed  1 1/2 bath house (would have gotten low 500's a few years ago)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 12:03:05 AM »

$89,000. That was an average price for a home here in '01.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 12:08:45 AM »

$89,000. That was an average price for a home here in '01.

Median prices around here were about triple that (250-275) around then, my parents paid $63,000 in 1980.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 12:12:38 AM »

Holy Christ!

I pay (well, me and my roommates that is) $1810 for a 2 bdrm apartment. We have a fairly large living room though and one of our roomies sleeps there. So I end up getting my own room for about 625 which is actually an incredible deal out here. Rents have been falling though and they were giving us the place for $1500 for this coming year. Too bad we all graduated and are moving out.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »

Holy Christ!

For Philadelphia, that's the ghetto or possibly NE Philly who locked in 10 years ago.  Just shows how high prices are here.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies