Harry AD 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:24:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Harry AD 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harry AD 2  (Read 835 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2004, 03:38:58 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2004, 07:01:26 PM by Senator Harry »

<Harry stands on a beach>
Hi, I'm Senator Harry.  I'm standing in Puerto Rico, an Atlasian possession that does not have representation in the Senate.  It also does not share the burdens of Atlasia by paying income tax.  While I was a senator, I proposed a bill calling for immidiate statehood for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.  The bill was defeated because there was no recent vote.  If I am elected president, I will call for a referendum in these areas with only two options:  statehood, and independence, and I'm confident they will choose statehood, finally balancing the states after years of unbalance.  Harry assuage the worries of the citizens of these islands.

Vote Harry/Akno on October 22-24!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 06:37:35 PM »

Senator, as a former leader of the now defunct Manifest Destiny Party I can sympathise with this position, it would cause a serious practical problem.  We currently make use of in our Fantasy forum the map generators that Dave uses to generate Electoral College maps on the fly.  The problem is, those generators don't provide for anything other than the 50 states and DC.  Until that lack can be addressed, I cannot favor expanding the benefits of Statehood to either Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 07:00:15 PM »

Senator, as a former leader of the now defunct Manifest Destiny Party I can sympathise with this position, it would cause a serious practical problem.  We currently make use of in our Fantasy forum the map generators that Dave uses to generate Electoral College maps on the fly.  The problem is, those generators don't provide for anything other than the 50 states and DC.  Until that lack can be addressed, I cannot favor expanding the benefits of Statehood to either Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands.
do we really use maps that often?  We could easily just write PR below it with the appropriate color if necessary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies