Opinion of Thursday Night Kegger at the White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:23:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of Thursday Night Kegger at the White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Discuss
Good.  It diffused the situation

Bad.  It made it more newsworthy than it need to be

At least Joe Biden didn't make a drunken racist comment

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opinion of Thursday Night Kegger at the White House  (Read 1598 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 12:55:51 AM »

Once again, the beer idea was Crowley's, not the president's.  People who get up in arms about defending Crowley always conveniently forget that fact. 

They also forget that Crowley at yesterday's press conference, Crowley said that he respected the president a great deal.  Actually, Officer Lashley, the African American officer who was also present at the arrest and said he supported Crowley, also said on an interview with Anderson Cooper last week that, after last week's initial phone conversation Crowley told him that he thought the president was a "class guy," and that Crowley had supported Obama in last year's election and continues to support him even through this incident.  Doesn't sound like an officer who thinks the president is out to destroy him, as clinically brain dead blowhard oppertunist maniacs like Limbaugh and Beck claim.

Sure, the president shouldn't have used the word "stupidly," and he has said that much.  But calling an action stupid is not in itself a racial comment, and Obama said at the same press conference that he had no idea whether the arrest was racially motivated.  And sure, Gates should have calmed down and showed the officer his id straightaway; he is definitely at fault in having provoked the police unnecessarily.  But, at the same time, I don't think even all law enforcement officers are in agreement about whether arresting a guy in his own home or even on his own porch just because the guy is yelling at you was called for. 

All the fake outrage, on all sides, over this stupid dustup is what is actually stupid.  Aw sh**t, I just used the word stupid twice in one sentence...so bring me a pitcher.

You know what's funny? The fact that this got blown out of proportions in the first place. You know how many people (in Tulsa, Oklahoma) have talked about this scandal with me? Zero. Not f***ing kidding.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 02:03:20 AM »

Crowley said that he respected the president a great deal.  Actually, Officer Lashley, the African American officer who was also present at the arrest and said he supported Crowley, also said on an interview with Anderson Cooper last week that, after last week's initial phone conversation Crowley told him that he thought the president was a "class guy," and that Crowley had supported Obama in last year's election

http://www.mediacircus.com/2009/07/sgt-crowley-i-didnt-vote-for-obama-and-wont-apologize/

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 02:29:14 AM »

Crowley said that he respected the president a great deal.  Actually, Officer Lashley, the African American officer who was also present at the arrest and said he supported Crowley, also said on an interview with Anderson Cooper last week that, after last week's initial phone conversation Crowley told him that he thought the president was a "class guy," and that Crowley had supported Obama in last year's election

http://www.mediacircus.com/2009/07/sgt-crowley-i-didnt-vote-for-obama-and-wont-apologize/

Eh?
Something's not right......
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2009, 04:29:28 AM »

oh, the link is whack, but the officer didn't vote for Obama
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »

oh, the link is whack, but the officer didn't vote for Obama

Not that, it's just there is one place where there is video evidence of the officer saying "I didn't vote for him", and then there is supposedly an interview the officer did with Anderson Cooper where he claims to have been cravun ObamaLove since November!
Which story is correct?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies