I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:06:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again.  (Read 3918 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 31, 2009, 06:06:34 AM »

I'll remember this, StatesRights, if the unemployment rate gets out of control.

"50 million Americans out of work... but 1 million are Mexicans so it doesn't matter."

IF it gets out of control? 16.4% unemployment is certainly out of control in my book. And why the hell should I have to pay for some non-citizen to get free healthcare?

You already do pay for a non-citizen's healthcare.  No non-citizen goes to a doctor's office.  They go to the emergency room.

I'm fine with covering an emergency situation but to get the same benefits as a nationalized health care? Hell no.

A tax paying resident shouldn't get the same benefits as everyone else? Wow.

Also from a cost perspective your little plan is pretty dumb. Emergency care is the most expensive type of health care out there. It would be much cheaper if we gave them access to basic preventative care instead of treating them on their death bed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies