I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:37:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again.  (Read 3983 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »

I've noticed that even some of the marginally left-leaning (although generally not very informed) people that I talk to once in a while are scared of Obama's health care plan. Ask them for specifics as to why they are scared and most will spout wildly inaccurate information or nothing at all. Still, I'm not very hopeful. It is starting to feel like the 90s all over again only without the soothing sounds of Nirvana and Alice in Chains to help us through these dark times.

My god do we need good music again.....
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 10:24:39 PM »

It is starting to feel like the 90s all over again only without the soothing sounds of Nirvana and Alice in Chains to help us through these dark times.

New Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam albums will be released this September. It is 1994 again, my friend.

Alice In Chains does not exist without Layne Staley, imho.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:05:47 AM »

Let's agree on a compromise.

Free dental for all and call it a day?

And make it easier for dentists to force their evil torturous procedures on people?
These people live to cause pain!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:08:07 AM »

Oh my gawd! Our Universal Health Care Plan is unpopular with people! The GOP must be up to their scaremongering fearmongering tricks! Quick! Somebody call the anybody who disagrees with liberals on this issue are rich hateful bigots Squad!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 03:43:32 AM »

No. Just commenting on the usual "our opponents are resorting to extreme scare tactics to win" kind of argument. Why is it that whenever people start disagreeing with Democrats lately it's due to some "far right wing plot" and not just people getting cold feet about ideas?
Don't worry, I was making these kind of observations whenever Bush was president too (with Republicans almost unamiously defending everything he did and blaming everything on some evil liberal plot).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies