I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:09:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again.  (Read 3937 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 29, 2009, 01:26:05 AM »

Let's agree on a compromise.

Free dental for all and call it a day?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:53:23 AM »

Let's agree on a compromise.

Free dental for all and call it a day?

Do I get to what color my new toothbrush will be?

No, but you do get choice of flavor for the free floss you won't use.

Of course, I'm kidding as this is plan is lunacy and will only lead to the rationing of the free Colgate and Crest samplers just like in Canada.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:46:38 PM »

Preventive care helps.  Although, not for cancer.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 10:23:34 PM »

I'll remember this, StatesRights, if the unemployment rate gets out of control.

"50 million Americans out of work... but 1 million are Mexicans so it doesn't matter."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:35:54 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2009, 10:37:51 PM by indepoderate »

"50 million Americans out of work... but 1 million are Mexicans so it doesn't matter."

IF it gets out of control? 16.4% unemployment is certainly out of control in my book. And why the hell should I have to pay for some non-citizen to get free healthcare?

You already do pay for a non-citizen's healthcare.  No non-citizen goes to a doctor's office.  They go to the emergency room.

Unfortunately for nationalists (and I mean that in the pure sense not the racist version of the term), the hippocratic oath doesn't recognize political borders.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 10:43:44 PM »

IF it gets out of control? 16.4% unemployment is certainly out of control in my book. And why the hell should I have to pay for some non-citizen to get free healthcare?

You already do pay for a non-citizen's healthcare.  No non-citizen goes to a doctor's office.  They go to the emergency room.

I'm fine with covering an emergency situation but to get the same benefits as a nationalized health care? Hell no.

Problem is that emergency room treatment isn't always an emergency situations.

I can't tell you how many times I've been to the hospital, walked in the emergency rooms, and have seen Mexican women with children who appear to only have simple colds waiting in the emergency room.

We are paying for these people regardless.

And a thing Republicans seem to be leaving out of this: this isn't free healthcare.  This is cheaper healthcare.  These non-citizens are still going to have to pay money to receive it.  And if this plan is cheaper than the private plans, the private plans costs go down which means you end up paying less.  Maybe not less tax dollars, but less overall.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 11:38:41 PM »

The Facebook status updates from people I know on it disturb me.

Check this out: "John Doe thinks that this health care plan sucks. Sorry I voted for some dummy who could possibly put people I love out of work!" wtf, seriously?

Anyway, maybe it's just me. This sucks though, it'd be nice if my 53-year-old father could get some health coverage.

If he's in New York as well, ship him to Canada, where health care is so great that you'll die before you get to see the doctor.

Proof?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies