||Initiative: State Proposal - 00-1: To Permit the State to Indirectly Support Nonpublic School Students||Popular Vote|
- The proposed constitutional amendment would:
1) Eliminate ban on indirect support of students attending nonpublic schools through tuition vouchers, credits, tax benefits, exemptions or deductions, subsidies, grants or loans of public monies or property.
2) Allow students to use tuition vouchers to attend nonpublic schools in districts with a graduation rate under 2/3 in 1998-1999 and districts approving tuition vouchers through school board action or a public vote. Each voucher would be limited to ½ of state average per-pupil public school revenue.
3) Require teacher testing on academic subjects in public schools and in nonpublic schools redeeming tuition vouchers.
4) Adjust minimum per-pupil funding from 1994-1995 to 2000-2001 level.
|2000 Population:||9,938,444||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||67.6||persons/km2|
|1990 Population:||9,295,287||Enum.||1990 Population Density:||63.2||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||147,121||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||0.7||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: Michigan Department of State. 2000 Official Michigna General Election Results - State Proposal - 00-1: To Permit the State to Indirectly Support Nonpublic School Students, Michigan Department of State (miboecfr.nicusa.com/election/results/00gen/90000001.html) (accessed 08 Jan 2011)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|