Note: The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this site does not endorse.
|Popular Vote||Electoral Vote|
|John S. McCain, III||Sarah Palin||Republican
|Barack H. Obama||Joseph R. Biden, Jr.||Democratic
|Ralph Nader||Matt Gonzalez||Independent
|Bob Barr||Wayne A. Root||Independent
|Charles O. Baldwin||Darrell L. Castle||Independent
|Other (+)|| - || -
- Results include an incomplete write-in vote tally collected from county election agencies that are not reported in statwide results.
|2010 Population:||6,346,105||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||59.4||persons/km2|
|2008 Population:||6,247,411||Est.||2008 Population Density:||58.5||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||5,689,283||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||53.3||persons/km2|
|Total Electoral Vote:||11||Electoral Vote Density:||567,946||persons/EV|
|Land Area (2000):||106,752||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.1||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: Tennessee Secretary of State. Division of Elections. State of Tennessee November 4, 2008 General Election United States President, Tennessee Secretary of State. Division of Elections (http://www.state.tn.us/sos/election.htm) (accessed 15 Nov 2008)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|
- 2008 Certificate of Ascertainment (m)
- 2008 Certificate of Vote (m)
|The 2008 Campaign: