* Unofficial Results *
||Referendum: Defense of Marriage Amendment||Popular Vote|
- 1. Marriage. Marriage consists only of the union of one man and one woman.
2. Marital status. Legal status for unmarried persons which is identical or substantially similar to marital status shall not be valid or recognized in Arkansas, except that the legislature may recognize a common law marriage from another state between a man and a woman.
3. Capacity, rights, obligations, privileges, and immunities. The legislature has the power to determine the capacity of persons to marry, subject to this amendment, and the legal rights, obligations, privileges, and immunities of marriage.
|2010 Population:||2,915,918||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||21.6||persons/km2|
|2004 Population:||2,749,686||Est.||2004 Population Density:||20.4||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||2,673,400||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||19.8||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||134,856||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||0.9||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: CNN Election Center 2004. Arkansas Constitutional Amendment 3 County Results, CNN Election Center 2004 (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/AR/I/01/county.000.html) (accessed 17 Feb 2009)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|