|Data for this Contest was Contributed by rhenderson on 2007-02-03|
||Initiative: Proposition 187 (Illegal Aliens. Ineligibility for Public Services. Verification and Reporting)||Popular Vote|
- Creates laws to require local authorities to investigate the immigration status of any arrested person to find out if the person is an illegal immigrant.
- Also denys public funds to people who have not proven that they are citizens.
- This proposition never became law since it tried to create state law in a federal matter (Immigration).
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|1994 Population:||31,484,435||Est.||1994 Population Density:||77.9||persons/km2|
|1990 Population:||29,785,857||Enum.||1990 Population Density:||73.7||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.3||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote. November 8th, 1994, General Election, California Secretary of State (http://www.ss.ca.gov/elections/sov/1994_general/sov_94_gen_complete.pdf) (accessed 02 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|