Note: The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this site does not endorse.
|Data for this Contest was Contributed by texaslefty on 2007-02-20|
||Initiative: Proposition 7: Air Quality Improvement. Tax Credits.||Popular Vote|
- * Authorizes State Air Resources Board and delegated air pollution control districts to award $218 million in state tax credits annually until January 2011, to encourage air-emissions reduction through acquisition, conversion, and retrofitting of:
-- vehicles, buses, and heavy-duty trucks;
-- hearth products;
-- construction vehicles and equipment;
-- lawn and garden equipment;
-- ambient air pollution destruction technology;
-- off-road, nonrecreational vehicles;
-- port equipment;
-- agricultural waste and rice straw conversion facilities; and through research and development.
- * Requires study of air quality market-based incentive program for prescribed burning projects.
- * Establishes local transportation funds as trust funds.
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|1998 Population:||32,987,675||Est.||1998 Population Density:||81.7||persons/km2|
|1990 Population:||29,785,857||Enum.||1990 Population Density:||73.7||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.3||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote 1998 General Election November 3, 1998, California Secretary of State (http://vote98.ss.ca.gov/Final/sov/SOV80-91.pdf) (accessed 20 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|