|Data for this Contest was Contributed by texaslefty on 2007-02-20|
||Initiative: Proposition 220: Courts. Superior and Municipal Court Consolidation.||Popular Vote|
- * Provides for consolidation of superior court and municipal court in county upon approval by majority of superior court judges and of municipal court judges in that county.
* Upon consolidation, the superior court has jurisdiction over all matters now handled by superior and municipal court, municipal court judges become superior court judges, and the municipal court is abolished.
* Makes related changes to constitutional provisions regarding municipal courts.
* Provides for addition of nonvoting members to Judicial Council and lengthens some members' terms.
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|1998 Population:||32,987,675||Est.||1998 Population Density:||81.7||persons/km2|
|1990 Population:||29,785,857||Enum.||1990 Population Density:||73.7||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.3||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote 1998 Primary Election June 2, 1998, California Secretary of State (http://primary98.ss.ca.gov/Final/P98_SOV.pdf) (accessed 20 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|