|Data for this Contest was Contributed by texaslefty on 2007-02-17|
||Initiative: Proposition 1A: Protection of Local Government Revenues||Popular Vote|
- * Protects local funding for public safety, health, libraries, parks, and other locally delivered services.
* Prohibits the State from reducing local governments' property tax proceeds.
* Allows the provisions to be suspended only if the Governor declares a fiscal necessity and two-thirds of the Legislature approve the suspension. Suspended funds must be repaid within three years.
* Also requires local sales tax revenues to remain with local government and be spent for local purposes.
* Requires the State to fund legislative mandates on local governments or suspend their operation.
|2010 Population:||37,253,956||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||92.2||persons/km2|
|2004 Population:||35,574,576||Est.||2004 Population Density:||88.1||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.0||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote 2004 General Election November 2, 2004, California Secretary of State (http://ss.ca.gov/elections/sov/2004_general/formatted_ballot_measures_detail.pdf) (accessed 17 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|