Note: The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this site does not endorse.
|Data for this Contest was Contributed by texaslefty on 2007-02-17|
||Initiative: Proposition 59: Public Records, Open Meetings||Popular Vote|
- Measure amends Constitution to:
* Provide right of public access to meetings of government bodies and writings of government officials.
* Provide that statutes and rules furthering public access shall be broadly construed, or narrowly construed if limiting access.
* Require future statutes and rules limiting access to contain findings justifying necessity of those limitations.
* Preserve constitutional rights including rights of privacy, due process, equal protection; expressly preserves existing constitutional and statutory limitations restricting access to certain meetings and records of government bodies and officials, including law enforcement and prosecution records.
Exempts Legislature's records and meetings.
|2010 Population:||37,253,956||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||92.2||persons/km2|
|2004 Population:||35,574,576||Est.||2004 Population Density:||88.1||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.0||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote 2004 General Election November 2, 2004, California Secretary of State (http://ss.ca.gov/elections/sov/2004_general/formatted_ballot_measures_detail.pdf) (accessed 17 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|