Note: The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this site does not endorse.
|Data for this Contest was Contributed by texaslefty on 2007-02-17|
||Initiative: Proposition 62: Elections; Primaries||Popular Vote|
- * Requires primary elections where all voters may vote for any state or federal candidate regardless of how a voter or candidate is registered.
* Exempts presidential nominations and elections of party central committees.
* Only the two primary-election candidates receiving most votes for an office, whether they are candidates with "no party" or members of same or different party, would be listed on general election ballot.
* In special primary election, candidate receiving majority vote is elected.
* Requires political party's consent for identification of candidates' party registration on ballot and in other official election publications.
|2010 Population:||37,253,956||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||92.2||persons/km2|
|2004 Population:||35,574,576||Est.||2004 Population Density:||88.1||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.0||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote 2004 General Election November 2, 2004, California Secretary of State (http://ss.ca.gov/elections/sov/2004_general/formatted_ballot_measures_detail.pdf) (accessed 17 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|