|Data for this Contest was Contributed by texaslefty on 2007-02-17|
||Initiative: Proposition 64: Limits on Private Enforcement of Business Laws||Popular Vote|
- * Limits individual's right to sue by allowing private enforcement of unfair business competition laws only if that individual was actually injured by, and suffered financial/property loss because of, an unfair business practice.
* Requires private representative claims to comply with procedural requirements applicable to class action lawsuits.
* Authorizes only the California Attorney General or local government prosecutors to sue on behalf of general public to enforce unfair business competition laws.
* Limits use of monetary penalties recovered by Attorney General or local government prosecutors to enforcement of consumer protection laws.
|2010 Population:||37,253,956||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||92.2||persons/km2|
|2004 Population:||35,574,576||Est.||2004 Population Density:||88.1||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.0||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote 2004 General Election November 2, 2004, California Secretary of State (http://ss.ca.gov/elections/sov/2004_general/formatted_ballot_measures_detail.pdf) (accessed 17 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|