Note: The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this site does not endorse.
|Data for this Contest was Contributed by texaslefty on 2007-02-17|
||Initiative: Proposition 71: Stem Cell Research. Funding||Popular Vote|
- * Establishes "California Institute for Regenerative Medicine" to regulate stem cell research and provide funding, through grants and loans, for such research and research facilities.
* Establishes constitutional right to conduct stem cell research; prohibits Institute's funding of human reproductive cloning research.
* Establishes oversight committee to govern Institute.
* Provides General Fund loan up to $3 million for Institute's initial administration/implementation costs.
* Authorizes issuance of general obligation bonds to finance Institute activities up to $3 billion subject to annual limit of $350 million.
* Appropriates monies from General Fund to pay for bonds.
|2010 Population:||37,253,956||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||92.2||persons/km2|
|2004 Population:||35,574,576||Est.||2004 Population Density:||88.1||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.0||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote 2004 General Election November 2, 2004, California Secretary of State (http://ss.ca.gov/elections/sov/2004_general/formatted_ballot_measures_detail.pdf) (accessed 17 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|