Note: The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this site does not endorse.
|Data for this Contest was Contributed by Shilly on 2007-05-08|
* Unofficial Results *
||Initiative: Amendment 40 (Term Limits for Court of Appeals and Supreme Court Judges)||Popular Vote|
- Amendment 40 proposes a change to Section 1 of Article VI of the Colorado Constitution that: - limits the number of terms that Colorado Supreme Court justices and Court of Appeals judges, called appellate court judges, may serve;
- reduces the term of Supreme Court justices from ten years to four years, and of Court of Appeals judges from eight years to four years;
- requires appellate court judges who have already served ten years or more to leave their current position in January 2009; and
- requires appellate court judges who are eligible to serve another term to appear on the November 2008 ballot for retention.
|2010 Population:||5,029,196||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||18.7||persons/km2|
|2006 Population:||4,720,423||Est.||2006 Population Density:||17.6||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||4,301,261||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||16.0||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||268,627||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.6||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: Colorado Secretary of State. COLORADO CANVASS REPORT: GENERAL ELECTION: Amendment 40, Colorado Secretary of State (http://) (accessed 07 May 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|