Note: The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this site does not endorse.
|Data for this Contest was Contributed by Shilly on 2007-05-08|
* Unofficial Results *
||Initiative: Amendment 41||Popular Vote|
- Amendment 41 proposes to add a new Article XXIX to the Colorado Constitution that:
- prohibits elected state officials and certain elected local officials, appointed state and local officials, and government employees from accepting any amount of money or more than $50 in gifts in any calendar year from anyone except a relative or a personal friend on a special occasion;
- prohibits immediate family members of elected state officials and certain elected local officials, appointed state and local officials, and government employees from accepting more than $50 worth of gifts or other things of value in any calendar year that directly or indirectly benefit the public official or government employee;
- bans lobbyists from giving gifts or meals to any elected state official and certain elected local officials, appointed state and local officials, and government employees or to the immediate family members of these public officials and employees;
- prohibits statewide elected officeholders and state legislators from lobbying certain elected state officials for pay for two years after leaving office; and
- creates a five-member appointed ethics commission, with individual members having subpoena power, to investigate and hear state and local complaints, assess penalties, and advise government officials and employees when asked regarding the scope of the law.
|2010 Population:||5,029,196||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||18.7||persons/km2|
|2006 Population:||4,720,423||Est.||2006 Population Density:||17.6||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||4,301,261||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||16.0||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||268,627||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.6||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: Colorado Secretary of State. COLORADO CANVASS REPORT: GENERAL ELECTION: Amendment 41, Colorado Secretary of State (http://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/electionresults2006G/CO-RC-1129.htm) (accessed 08 May 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|