|Popular Vote||Electoral Vote|
|Harry Byrd||J. Strom Thurmond||-
|John Kennedy||Lyndon Johnson||Democrat
|Richard Nixon||Henry Lodge||Republican
|Orval Faubus||John Crommelin||Nat'l State's Rights
|Rutherford Decker||E. Harold Munn||-
|Clennon King||Reginald Carter||Ind. Afro-Amer
- Due to the result of a state primary, five of the Democratic electors on the general election ballot were loyalists pledged to Kennedy and the remaining six were Free electors, not pledged to the Democratic national ticket.
- The six Free electors cast their ballots for Harry Byrd (President) and Strom Thurmond (Vice President).
- Popular vote for Kennedy shown as that cast for the highest elector pledged to Kennedy (C. G. Allen). Highest Presidential Elector was Unpledged (Gov. Frank M. Dixon) and received 324,050 votes.
|1960 Population:||3,266,740||Enum.||1960 Population Density:||24.9||persons/km2|
|1950 Population:||3,061,743||Enum.||1950 Population Density:||23.3||persons/km2|
|Total Electoral Vote:||11||Electoral Vote Density:||296,976||persons/EV|
|Land Area (2000):||131,426||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||0.7||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: State of Alabama Department of Archives and History, "Statement and Tabulations of General Election, November 8, 1960," Alabama Official and Statistical Register 1963 (Montgomery: Walker Printing Co., 1963)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|