|Popular Vote||Electoral Vote|
|George W. Bush||Richard Cheney||Republican
|Albert Gore Jr.||Joseph Lieberman||Democratic-N.P.L.
|Ralph Nader||Winona LaDuke||Independent
|Patrick Buchanan||Ezola Foster||Reform
|Other (+)|| - || -
- Gore party was listed on the ballot as Democratic-Non-Partisan League
- Data includes corrected vote for Nader from the county precinct canvass in McIntosh County (to 36 from 25).
|2000 Population:||642,200||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||3.6||persons/km2|
|1990 Population:||638,800||Enum.||1990 Population Density:||3.6||persons/km2|
|Total Electoral Vote:||3||Electoral Vote Density:||214,067||persons/EV|
|Land Area (2000):||178,647||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||0.1||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: North Dakota Secretary of State, North Dakota's Official Abstract of Votes Cast at the General Election Held on November 7, 2000 (Bismarck, 2000)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|
- 2000 Certificate of Ascertainment (m)
- 2000 Certificate of Vote (m)