National Spreadsheets - Registration and Turnout
The spreadsheets are in Microsoft Excel format (Mac/PC) and are compatible with the 1997 - 2004
versions. The following worksheets are included in each file:
Each level of data include the following:
The following worksheets are included in each file:
- Total Population (state and county)
- Total Voting-Age Population (state only)
- Total Voter Registration (except ND, WI - these two states do not have voter registration.)
- Total Ballots Cast (for 2004, not yet available for NC, PA. WI doesn't publish this data)
- Total Vote Cast for President
- Voter Registration by Party (AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, OR, PA, SD, WV, WY). Remaining states do not have voter registration by party).
- National Summary - summarizes registration and turnout totals by state - with boundary file information (fips)
- Data by County - data for all counties of all states plus DC - with boundary file information (fips)
- Data by Town - data for New England towns (ME, MA, CT, RI, VT, NH) - with boundary file information (fips)
- Data Sources - a list of data sources used to compile the spreadsheet.