Disraelicrat party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:49:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Disraelicrat party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Disraelicrat party  (Read 1894 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »

A mixed bag platform

Constitution: Create a British constitution ensuring:
1. Freedom of speech
2. Freedom of religion
3. Freedom to form trade unions
4. Equality for all

Foreign affairs: Continue British withdrawal from Iraq, reinforce army in Afghanistan. Quit the EU, pull our nuclear force out of NATO's control, apply to join EFTA, push for closer Commonwealth relations as well as closer relations with other developed democracies, i.e the US, Japan, South Korea etc. Support Israel morally, as well as supporting Pakistani claims to Kashmir.

Trade: Support free trade with free countries.

Economy: Raise interest rates slightly, commence public works programmes such as building roads and highways. Work to cut third world debt to Britain, but temporarily cut foreign aid to help our own economy. Continue to oppose the euro. Nationalise rail.

Drugs: Raise drinking age to 21, raise cannabis back to class B status.

Other social issues: bring age of consent down to 14. Provide condoms free from the NHS. Legalise prostitution.

Crime: Reintroduce death penalty for murder, treason and armed robbery. Have longer gaol sentences for other crimes.

Education: Reform the education system, encourage replacing more A-level courses with International Baccalaureate courses. Make learning a foreign language for GCSE compulsory.

Immigration: Encourage skilled workers to emigrate to the UK. Deport illegal immigrants. Make all people wanting to emigrate to the UK have to undergo a literacy test to make sure they can read, write and speak English.

Devolution: Turn the UK into a confederation, devolve parliamentary powers to North Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Sark and Alderney. The system would work similiarily to that of Switzerland/Canada.

Agriculture: Increase subsidies to farmers who have lost money due to EU quotas. Encourage organic farming.

Energy: Phase out fossil fuels, try to introduce a mix of hydroelectric and nuclear power. Cease building wind farms. Quit the Kyoto Protocol.

Religion: Make the UK a secular state.

Taxes: End inheritance tax, slash VAT and council tax.

Fisheries: Introduce stricter fishing quotas to protect cod.

Space: Restart UK space program. Quit the European Space Agency, attempt to work with either the US or the Commonwealth on space program.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:10:19 PM »

Parts of this get a Smiley, others get a Sad.  A few bits get Sad Sad, and some gets Huh.

Few questions:

Death penalty for armed robbery?

Raise interest rates now?

Cut debt by demanding payment or forgiving debt?

Why raise the drinking age but lower the consent age?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »

You've forgotten to include the following plank in foreign policy: supporting foreign massacres and atrocities, if they are even remotely beneficial to Britain. Otherwise, the party simply wouldn't live up to its name.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 02:15:33 PM »

Parts of this get a Smiley, others get a Sad.  A few bits get Sad Sad, and some gets Huh.

Few questions:

Death penalty for armed robbery?

Raise interest rates now?

Cut debt by demanding payment or forgiving debt?

Why raise the drinking age but lower the consent age?

Armed robbery because they're comitting two crimes in one... both very serious.

Only slightly raise interest rates... 1% or so.

Mainly forgive debt.

Lowering the age of consent and providing contraception will help lower the teen pregnancy rate due to more openness... meanwhile alcohol leads to yobbish behaviour.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 02:16:19 PM »

You've forgotten to include the following plank in foreign policy: supporting foreign massacres and atrocities, if they are even remotely beneficial to Britain. Otherwise, the party simply wouldn't live up to its name.

Apart from the fact it's named after my user name, I do not support massacres and atrocities. Check your facts before you make false accusations.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 02:18:07 PM »

This is the worst
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »

Apart from the fact it's named after my user name, I do not support massacres and atrocities. Check your facts before you make false accusations.
I thought that your party was named after Benjamin Disraeli, who certainly did support them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disraeli#Imperialism
If it's based only on your username, then I apologize.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »

I thought that your party was named after Benjamin Disraeli, who certainly did support them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disraeli#Imperialism
If it's based only on your username, then I apologize.

Ok.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 02:25:02 PM »

How?
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »

Authoritarian, nationalist and terrible on social issues.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 02:27:31 PM »

Authoritarian, nationalist and terrible on social issues.

Nationalist maybe, but hardly authoritarian... it advocates protection of democracy and federalism.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 02:28:42 PM »

Way better than the Republican party, but still crappy.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 02:31:07 PM »

Way better than the Republican party, but still crappy.

well, I expected criticism from both sides considering its a mix of views... no-one will agree with it completely I doubt...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »

The third Constitution plank as well as the Drugs & Agriculture planks are pretty bad. The rest are at least decent, I guess.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »

Very good, except on trade.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »

your a protectionist?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »

Big time.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 12:46:31 PM »

You have to remember that protectionism has bad points... In the 20s, America had a surplus of agricultural products that they couldn't sell in Europe due to them having put tariffs up, and Europe had responded in kind.

It meant the recovery for farmers from the Great Depression was far slower than for industry workers.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »

You have to remember that protectionism has bad points... In the 20s, America had a surplus of agricultural products that they couldn't sell in Europe due to them having put tariffs up, and Europe had responded in kind.

It meant the recovery for farmers from the Great Depression was far slower than for industry workers.

I'm not saying we should erect massive tariffs on everything, but I very much dislike free trade, as it is now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 06:01:47 PM »

[A mixed bag platform

Constitution: Create a British constitution ensuring:
1. Freedom of speech 
2. Freedom of religion
3. Freedom to form trade unions
4. Equality for all
 Yes.
Foreign affairs: Continue British withdrawal from Iraq, reinforce army in Afghanistan. Quit the EU, pull our nuclear force out of NATO's control, apply to join EFTA, push for closer Commonwealth relations as well as closer relations with other developed democracies, i.e the US, Japan, South Korea etc. Support Israel morally, as well as supporting Pakistani claims to Kashmir.
Yes on the war, no on the EU, Yes on the common wealth, Yes on Israel, No on Pakistan

Trade: Support free trade with  free countries.I'm getting sick of China's f****try as well

Economy: Raise interest rates slightly, commence public works programmes such as building roads and highways. Work to cut third world debt to Britain, but temporarily cut foreign aid to help our own economy. Continue to oppose the euro. Nationalise rail. Yes. The Euro should be only for EU states whose native currency is cheaper than the Euro, as to prevent inflation. Nationalise rail is only a good idea if it involves the replacement of the rail system with maglevs

Drugs: Raise drinking age to 21, raise cannabis back to class B status. No

Other social issues: bring age of consent down to 14. Provide condoms free from the NHS. Legalise prostitution. Yes

Crime: Reintroduce death penalty for murder, treason and armed robbery. Have longer gaol sentences for other crimes. No

Education: Reform the education system, encourage replacing more A-level courses with International Baccalaureate courses. Make learning a foreign language for GCSE compulsory. Yes

Immigration: Encourage skilled workers to emigrate to the UK. Deport illegal immigrants. Make all people wanting to emigrate to the UK have to undergo a literacy test to make sure they can read, write and speak English.Yes, this seems to be more reasonable for an island nation that has a slightly more nationalized economy

Devolution: Turn the UK into a confederation, devolve parliamentary powers to North Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Sark and Alderney. The system would work similiarily to that of Switzerland/Canada.Yes

Agriculture: Increase subsidies to farmers who have lost money due to EU quotas. Encourage organic farming. No, but we need to phase out pesticides for genetically engineered nutrition and vertical farming

Energy: Phase out fossil fuels, try to introduce a mix of hydroelectric and nuclear power. Cease building wind farms. Quit the Kyoto Protocol. Yes, Yes, No

Religion: Make the UK a secular state. Yes

Taxes: End inheritance tax, slash VAT and council tax. No

Fisheries: Introduce stricter fishing quotas to protect cod. Yes

Space: Restart UK space program. Quit the European Space Agency, attempt to work with either the US or the Commonwealth on space program. Yes
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies