HB 30-04: Fusion Voting Amendment to FEA (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:38:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 30-04: Fusion Voting Amendment to FEA (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 30-04: Fusion Voting Amendment to FEA (Tabled)  (Read 842 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: May 18, 2021, 10:05:59 PM »

So what this bill proposes is more work for Peebs hunting down party endorsements for each candidate, which does not exactly add or remove any information that voters or leaders don’t already know? People already vote like Yankee gets tacit endorsements from all parties (which he does). People already vote the way you would expect if liberal Liberals like Ishan and Crane get support from Labor (which they do). What is this supposed to do here except put more of Peebs’ time into composing a ballot?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 12:17:12 PM »

Sorry for not responding to the concerns of Representatives Cao and MB, but in the text, the chair of the party who the candidate would have to approve the candidates being listed with the names of the party on the ballot, and a candidate endorsed by the party would have to ask the chair of the endorsing party to allow the SOFE to list them on the ballot.

…in other words, we have at least three people to loop in, possibly more, for each such decision made?

I will note that my concern really hasn't been assuaged here, and while I am not a fan of killing bills that could still be worked on, this entire idea seems impractical and – as Yankee mentioned – has been tried before without much success.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 09:19:31 AM »

Am I correct in thinking that the bill will be automatically tabled this afternoon?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies