Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 43283 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: August 12, 2017, 05:37:09 PM »

People who continue to pretend that racism is just something that liberals made up are deluding themselves. Racism is real and it is ugly.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »

Extremely normal person behaivour to come into a thread about white supremacists and start yelling about people wanting reparations.

Yeah. I'm SURE David isn't at all racist. That's definitely the first thought I had!
Oh I know David is a racist from every time he talks about Palestinians. This is just the first time I've seen him nuzzle so close to actual white supremacy.
Because saying "reparations" -- payments from white people to black people based on race -- are racist = white supremacy? Atlas Leftists are getting more deranged by the minute.

How did reparations even come up in this thread?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 05:49:01 PM »

Extremely normal person behaivour to come into a thread about white supremacists and start yelling about people wanting reparations.

Yeah. I'm SURE David isn't at all racist. That's definitely the first thought I had!
Oh I know David is a racist from every time he talks about Palestinians. This is just the first time I've seen him nuzzle so close to actual white supremacy.
Because saying "reparations" -- payments from white people to black people based on race -- are racist = white supremacy? Atlas Leftists are getting more deranged by the minute.

How did reparations even come up in this thread?
I mentioned them as an example of why Trump is right when he says that the hatred and racism comes from multiple sides.
That's deflection and not very good deflections at that. Like reparations or not, it's a stretch to call them hatred or even racism. Post slavery and during reconstruction, they would have made sense.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 05:53:52 PM »

This has to do with the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue and a bunch of racists who thought they would use it as an opportunity. This doesn't have to do with trump.

If left-wing protestors would shoot police, I wouldn't come into the thread and say "Welcome to Obama's America." That's just ridiculous.

David Duke sent out a tweet basically reminding Trump of who put him in office and Trump has giving racists seats at the table.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 06:07:36 PM »

David Duke and his statement are ridiculous, stupid, and deserve to be taken with no seriousness.

Also, if you are referring to Bannon, he (wrongfully) has a seat, but he has no real control over anything in the admin (thankfully)
Considering that Duke has never much aligned with any Republican elected official like he has with Trump, it is quite telling. It doesn't matter how much control Bannon has, a seat at the table means something to the fringe in the proverbial sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies