Thursday Democratic National Convention running commentary thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:29:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Thursday Democratic National Convention running commentary thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thursday Democratic National Convention running commentary thread  (Read 9018 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« on: August 28, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »

Senator Obama's speech isn't doing anything for me, especially Senator Obama's anecdotes about his family, in particular his ones regarding grandparents and relating them to stories many Americans share today. One of the only parts of the speech I have liked thus far was one he mentioned eight is enough. Silly Barack Obama, this is politics not a syndicated drama-comedy from the late 1970's Tongue.

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 10:02:10 PM »

I believe that Dick Morris said prior to Obama's acceptance speech on Wednesday that Obama needed to make the Democratic National Convention all about criticising John McCain, and boy has Obama done that in his acceptance speech. I have never heard so many criticisms about John McCain in my life. I'm not suggesting he shouldn't have criticised John McCain, but Obama could have cut down on his criticisms of McCain.

As for Obama's speech, it was alright, not one of his better speeches, like the one he made upon his victory in the Iowa Caucuses but not great. I must admit though, I am glad its over. Now for the firework show!

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:44:20 PM »

OK, the music was...an odd choice.  I'll grant you that.

I concur. Those guys who selected Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA to play upon the conclusion of Obama's acceptance speech do know what the song is about don't they? It makes as much sense as Ronald Reagan using it in 1984, when it had to do with the hardships of returning Vietnam veterans. If anything, they should have played the Doobie Brothers' What a fool Believes after his acceptance speech, not Born in the USA.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 10:56:52 PM »

If anything, they should have played the Doobie Brothers' What a fool Believes after his acceptance speech, not Born in the USA.

I'd be OK with that.  Not to mention, they can sing.

I find that Bruce Springsteen has a habit of talking instead of singing, whilst Michael McDonald he's a man that can reach those high notes, especially in What a fool Believes. Hell, I cannot even understand what he's saying half the time Tongue. Anywho, nobody can beat Michael McDonald's beard, especially when it was healthy looking in film clips for that 1979 Doobie Brothers hit. If they played that song at the DNC then Obama's election would be wrapped up right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies