Sam Spade's 2010 Predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:47:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sam Spade's 2010 Predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sam Spade's 2010 Predictions  (Read 45358 times)
politicalchick20
United States

« on: January 06, 2010, 10:50:31 PM »

How about SD-AL? I realize Stephanie Herseth Sandlin is immensely popular there, but isn't she being challenged by Secretary of State Chris Nelson? If so, that could be a race to watch, albeit she has the edge with incumbency but 2010 is shaping out to be a very anti-incumbent year.

How about SC-01? I'm surprised that race isn't on your list. Harry Brown Jr. (R) was almost defeated in 2008 by a lesbian! Any race in which a lesbian comes close to knocking off a conservative Republican incumbent in the South, I think, merits attention.

Isn't Mary Bono Mack being challenged by an openly gay man, the Mayor of Palm Springs Steve Pougnet or however you spell his name? Not sure how popular she is in the district but I think Obama won the district in 2008.

I'm pretty sure MBM is being challenged by Pougnet; I'm not sure if it's official yet, though (and yes, you spelled his name right Smiley ).
As far as I know, she's still pretty popular (as was Sonny before her, even though he was more conservative than she is), but when you take into account that her district has the largest gay population while being represented by a Republican...I'd say Pougnet being openly gay would definitely give him a potential edge (of course, Mary has also publicly supported her stepdaughter Chastity becoming her stepson Chaz, so who knows?).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies