The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:19:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 300507 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »

The people elected the legislature, did they not?
But did anyone in the legislature campaign on this issue?  I wouldn't mind seeing the South return to the days when we had monthly elections with several referenda on each ballot.

Then propose a referendum Wink

Aye.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1276 on: March 20, 2011, 09:06:59 PM »

The people elected the legislature, did they not?
But did anyone in the legislature campaign on this issue?  I wouldn't mind seeing the South return to the days when we had monthly elections with several referenda on each ballot.

Just because you are not in the legislature, doesn't give you the right to tell us what to do

Au contraire.
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have every right to tell you what to do.  I just have have no power to make you do it. Tongue

Quit being a doucebag
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1277 on: March 20, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing the South return to the days when we had monthly elections with several referenda on each ballot.

Technically, I'm not able to, since our Registrar General is misinterpreting the 180 day rule in a manner that means I'd have to file a lawsuit to be where I actually am.  I'm not so lawsuit happy that I feel like filing one on this issue.  (If I were lawsuit happy, I had an opportunity to file a different one not long ago.)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1278 on: March 21, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »

I wouldn't mind seeing the South return to the days when we had monthly elections with several referenda on each ballot.

Technically, I'm not able to, since our Registrar General is misinterpreting the 180 day rule in a manner that means I'd have to file a lawsuit to be where I actually am.  I'm not so lawsuit happy that I feel like filing one on this issue.  (If I were lawsuit happy, I had an opportunity to file a different one not long ago.)
That's too bad but that is getting away from the point.  You could lobby a legal resident of this region to propose an initiative for you.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1279 on: March 21, 2011, 02:58:23 PM »

Before True Federalist made a fool of himself, we were talking about the southern symbol bill, what do you guys think
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1280 on: March 21, 2011, 03:30:10 PM »

Well-Im here-I took the Oath, I guess I should be getting to work. Its an Honor and Privilege to serve.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1281 on: March 21, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »

Well-Im here-I took the Oath, I guess I should be getting to work. Its an Honor and Privilege to serve.
The same. 

And, actually, the bill is already up to vote.  I voted aye.  Guys?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1282 on: March 21, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »

Aye
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1283 on: March 21, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »

After reading the bill, I vote Aye.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1284 on: March 21, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »

Alright.  If Taft would close the vote and present the Symbols bill to Emperor PiT, we can move on.  Next is the Private School Administration Rights Bill below.  Thoughts?

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1285 on: March 21, 2011, 06:10:19 PM »

I feel it is not the governments role to fund/administer Drug Test to students who attend Private Schools. If the School can pay for it, they can do it. Only Public Schools should receive Public Funding.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1286 on: March 21, 2011, 07:12:27 PM »

I feel it is not the governments role to fund/administer Drug Test to students who attend Private Schools. If the School can pay for it, they can do it. Only Public Schools should receive Public Funding.
This bill (which should really be an amendment to the original initiative) allows for private schools to conduct drug testing on their students which seems, at least to me, perfectly within their legal jurisdiction.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1287 on: March 21, 2011, 07:28:02 PM »

This bill (which should really be an amendment to the original initiative) allows for private schools to conduct drug testing on their students which seems, at least to me, perfectly within their legal jurisdiction.

Currently any secondary school or college in the region needs "reasonable suspicion" to drug test its students. This bill would release private schools from that restriction.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1288 on: March 21, 2011, 09:38:51 PM »

Bill passes, requires signature. NEXT!

[/quote]
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1289 on: March 21, 2011, 10:02:54 PM »

On the Southern Symbols Omnibus Bill: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1290 on: March 22, 2011, 07:33:04 AM »

For the record, I see no need to change the Private School Administration Rights Bill and would vote aye as it stands.  Do either of our legislators have anything else to say?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1291 on: March 22, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »

For the record, I see no need to change the Private School Administration Rights Bill and would vote aye as it stands.  Do either of our legislators have anything else to say?

Yes, it looks good the way it is
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1292 on: March 22, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »

Self-Ownership Bill

1. All persons are defined as the sole owners of their bodily organs.

2. Any non-minor person who has not been deemed mentally incompetent by a judge shall be allowed to sell their non-essential organs (such as the kidneys, skin, and spleen) to others.

3. Any organ removal surgery must be performed under standard levels of anesthesia and cleanliness by a licensed surgeon.

4. The surgeon must inform the donor of the potential risks of organ removal surgery.

5. All donors must be blood-tested for diseases transmittable through organ donation surgery.

6. A surgeon may, at his or her own discretion, declare a person mentally incompetent for the purposes of selling his or her bodily organs.

7. Unlawfully coercing a person to sell his or her bodily organs shall be a felony punishable by not less than 60 months in prison and/or a fine of not less than $50,000.  Attempting to unlawfully coerce a person to sell his or her bodily organs shall be a felony punishable by not less than 30 months in prison and/or a fine of not less than $25,000.

8. Persons with valid organ donor cards shall be eligible for a $500 yearly tax credit.

Id like to introduce the Self Ownership Bill to the legislature.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1293 on: March 22, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »

Self-Ownership Bill

2. Any non-minor person who has not been deemed mentally incompetent by a judge shall be allowed to sell their non-essential organs (such as the kidneys, skin, and spleen) to others.

3. Any organ removal surgery must be performed under standard levels of anesthesia and cleanliness by a licensed surgeon.

4. The surgeon must inform the donor of the potential risks of organ removal surgery.

5. All donors must be blood-tested for diseases transmittable through organ donation surgery.

6. A surgeon may, at his or her own discretion, declare a person mentally incompetent for the purposes of selling his or her bodily organs.

7. Unlawfully coercing a person to sell his or her bodily organs shall be a felony punishable by not less than 60 months in prison and/or a fine of not less than $50,000.  Attempting to unlawfully coerce a person to sell his or her bodily organs shall be a felony punishable by not less than 30 months in prison and/or a fine of not less than $25,000.

8. Persons with valid organ donor cards shall be eligible for a $500 yearly tax credit.

You should have waited until we voted on the bill we are on now
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1294 on: March 22, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »

Self-Ownership Bill

Could you please repost the bill in this thread? Sorry for not telling you about it sooner.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1295 on: March 22, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »

For the record, we are still debating the drug testing in schools bill.  Unless Sanchez has any objections, the Viceroy can go ahead and put it to vote.  I am officially retracting my rules proposal, meaning the one Sanchez just posted will be next on the agenda.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #1296 on: March 22, 2011, 08:52:36 PM »

Votes up gents. Sanchez sorry, but theres another one or two that have seniority before yours.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1297 on: March 22, 2011, 08:54:52 PM »

Aye
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1298 on: March 23, 2011, 04:10:02 PM »

Aye.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1299 on: March 23, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »

Nay.

(also my internet is down for hours at a time-Comcast is fixing it tommorow, sorry for my delay)
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies