Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:03:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129695 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2013, 05:36:17 PM »

One of the things my father also mentioned to me as a more preferable option is even though this job only pays $12.00 an hour with virtually no raise unless I get promoted, he mentioned to stick with this job I've got now and get established and start getting some tenure and seniority.  I can entertain the applications I've already put out, but don't be disappointed if they don't turn out.  He said the biggest thing I need right now more than money is seniority and tenure and start getting in a position to get benefits and stuff like that.  I've already put out about 3 or 4 applications around town, and I will entertain those as far as they will go, but I'm not going to put any more out.  If these 3 or 4 apps fail, then I'll just stick with what I've got now.  Its not a bad job that I've got now and as I mentioned before it is putting food on my table and it is paying my rent.  I should be able to have my house in Oklahoma City sold before May 1, and that will ease things up a bunch.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »

One thing you ought to conider is that your job longevity- the time you spend at each place of employment- will be a factor in others determining whether or not they will hire you. If I have a drifter come before me wanting to build houses and I come to find he's held five jobs in the past year- that makes me suspicious of his reliability
My advice- stick with a job longer then you seem to be inclined to do, and it will help your cause when you want to move on...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

One thing you ought to conider is that your job longevity- the time you spend at each place of employment- will be a factor in others determining whether or not they will hire you. If I have a drifter come before me wanting to build houses and I come to find he's held five jobs in the past year- that makes me suspicious of his reliability
My advice- stick with a job longer then you seem to be inclined to do, and it will help your cause when you want to move on...

We've mentioned it like a hundred times.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »

Very good advice there, Clarence.  I will definitely take that into consideration.  Thank you.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »

We've mentioned it like a hundred times.
I believe BRTD even made a Hitler video about it on youtube.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »

After further consideration, taking the advice of my father and the advice of the forum into consideration (which for the first time is actually in alignment), I am going to stick with what I've got.  I've got nearly 100 days in at this place and since I am only 77 days from age 31, its time I plopped down some where and stay put.  The money will come in time if I just give it a chance.  My father is right on, I need longevity right now more than a higher wage.  I will get promoted at some point, if I just stay put long enough to get that promotion.  I'm seriously thinking about withdrawing my application at these other spots.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »

I did go to church tonight, for the monthly business meeting.  I was officially voted into the membership of the church tonight at 17:54 MST (I looked at my watch).  I went down front back in early November during the invitation and applied to join as a member, then I started the New Member's Class in late November which is a 4 week course going over the beliefs of the church, the by-laws, the Covenant and so forth.  I attended the first two weeks and then got sidetracked by vacations, illnesses, snow storms, etc and just finally got around to finishing the last two weeks January 27 and February 3.  I'm looking forward to getting involved in the church.  I've already signed up for Vacation Bible School in July and look forward to getting involved even more.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2013, 10:28:13 PM »

Well, folks, it is 8:30 pm and I am going to shut 'er down and hit the sack!  3:15 am is going to come VERY early!  Good night, God Bless, and have a great week everybody!  I'll talk to you all after I get off work tomorrow!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2013, 07:12:52 AM »

If I have a drifter come before me wanting to build houses and I come to find he's held five jobs in the past year- that makes me suspicious of his reliability

Heck nowadays all the people who know how to build houses are not only unemployed but probably living under a bridge. 
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2013, 08:51:50 AM »

If I have a drifter come before me wanting to build houses and I come to find he's held five jobs in the past year- that makes me suspicious of his reliability

Heck nowadays all the people who know how to build houses are not only unemployed but probably living under a bridge. 

Most home builders nowadays make a lot of money.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2013, 08:53:21 AM »

Not as much as 10 years ago... or especially 20-25 in South Florida
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2013, 09:13:02 AM »

Yeah, if you're going to insist on call center jobs (which is the only type of job you have considered since quitting from ONG, so I doubt you will look anywhere else), then stay where you are. I can assure you they are all the same.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »

I had a pretty good day at work.  I had to run an errand right after work and I was hungry on the way home from that errand and I was tempted to stop by McDonald's as it was on the way and fast and convenient.  I thought better of it and drove the extra 2-3 miles and went by Subway, because I really didn't want the grease that comes along with McDonald's.  I knew Subway, while it is still technically fast food, is a much healthier option than Mickey's if nothing else than on account of the grease.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »

This must be asked... What are you getting at Subway?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2013, 08:00:29 PM »

Yea good question. Sometimes Subway can be just as bad as traditional fast food. Some footlongs can run about 1200 calories. I suspect those are the sandwiches that Bushie is getting.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2013, 08:07:40 PM »

if nothing else than on account of the grease.

not how this works

CALORIES IN < CALORIES OUT

it's on the damn menu son
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »

Footlong Ham & Shredded Cheddar Cheese on White Bread with Mustard, Pickles, and Lettuce with Water.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »

Yea, I'm guessing construction unions got destroyed during the housing crisis.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »

Yea, I'm guessing construction unions got destroyed during the housing crisis.

They way outbuilt what was needed because everything was selling so high and then when the market crashed they were hurt the worst because of it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #244 on: February 12, 2013, 12:11:51 AM »

Footlong Ham & Shredded Cheddar Cheese on White Bread with Mustard, Pickles, and Lettuce with Water.

Immediately switch to whole wheat or honey oat bread, since they aren't as refined and are full of fiber. And try the turkey breast. Those have minimal fat. Also try cutting out the cheese if you can. But you have got to change the bread. That's an easy change to make. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2013, 01:27:54 AM »

Yeah. My favorite is the turkey on wheat. I usually load it up with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumbers, pickles and pepper. The turkey supposedly has less than 6 grams of fat.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2013, 05:14:54 AM »

How is that possible - there are no houses being built.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »

They most certainly are. I know people doing it in Connecticut, New York, Virginia and here in Texas. They are still making money.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »

It's different in the US than in Germany of course, but my street has had two new houses built in the past three months or so.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2013, 12:45:50 PM »

They most certainly are. I know people doing it in Connecticut, New York, Virginia and here in Texas. They are still making money.

I don't just build home anymore, my love, I build lives.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies