Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:37:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130140 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »

I am watching some NBA Basketball right now, finishing up the Thunder game against Phoenix followed by the Bulls vs. Jazz.  After the games end at 11:00 pm, I will do my Biggest Loser challenge and weigh-in.  I've kind of slacked off this week, so it will be a little tougher for me than what it should be.

I did go out to eat this evening, but I just went to Subway instead of a burger joint.  I figure Subway is much healthier than any kind of burger place you can find.  First thing, nothing is fried and there is relatively little grease, if any.  Second, its easier to get vegetables that matter and that are not canceled out by the fattening burger patty.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »

bushie should do the jared subway diet

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »

I've thought about it!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »

By that do you mean walk to a Subway miles away every day?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2013, 10:38:43 PM »

People who can't drink water have failed at life. Like seriously, people around the world walk for miles just for a jug of it, and you can't drink it because it's not flavored? Seriously?

I never said I can't drink or won't drink it, just most of the time I prefer flavor.  There are times when a cold bottle or cold glass of water is refreshing.  Having gone to Kenya, I am well aware that the ladies will walk for miles just to get a jug of water or a basket of food.  That's why I don't reject the notion that plain water is good in its own right.

Oh, and I have not failed at life.

It's not just aimed at you Bushie. There is a problem out there. People can't enjoy water and there is something fundamentally wrong about it. Like a sign of the end times or something.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2013, 02:37:27 AM »

I know it wasn't just aimed at me.  I mostly agree with you that it is sad that the simplicity of a glass of water is long forgotten in our busy lives.  I think it would do everyone well to spend time in a culture where women walk miles and miles just for a jug of water or a bushel of food just to give their kids something to drink.  Most of these women are not providing for just 1 or 2 or even 3 kids, in many cases they are drawing water for at least 10 children.  Often she will go without food or water just so the kids can have something to drink.  Then, she will go back and get more water and do this over and over, day after day for their entire lives.  These women are extremely strong, not only mentally, but physically, spiritually, and emotionally.  From what I saw in Western Kenya, these women walk with a huge jug on top of their head not holding onto the jug and yet the jug is very stable and not sloshing around.  You have to have great balance to do that.  These women put even the strongest men to shame.  What's more is these women look frail due to malnourishment.  What they do on a daily basis with out fail makes me not want to complain about anything again.  Naturally, I've failed on that, but it does give me a new appreciation for the luxuries of just walking to the cupboard, grabbing a cup, walking to the sink, filling the cup up and drinking.  That's not including opening the freezer door and grabbing a couple cubes of ice should you desire ice water.  Yet, most of us, despite how easy most Americans have it, complain when there's "nothing to drink" in the refrigerator.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »

Its a beautiful Saturday morning in the Beehive State.  We've got light snow spitting every now and then and are expecting maybe 2-3" by tomorrow.  I'm not doing a whole lot today, just laundry and College Hoops.  I've got to straighten up the apartment sometime today and then study my Sunday School Lesson later on this evening and read my Bible Readings in Leviticus and Matthew.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2013, 10:18:20 PM »

Its been a good day.  I woke up around 9:20 am, ran a couple errands over in West Jordan, watched college basketball all day while doing laundry and running a load through the dishwasher.  I'm finishing the Louisville vs. Notre Dame game on ESPN and will watch the St Mary's vs. San Diego game on ESPNU at 21:00.  After that game, I'll get my shower and finish up my night with Dr. Charles Stanley and the Rev. Billy Graham before retiring to the bed around 1:00 am.  There is just enough snow on the ground where I don't know if I'll be able to make it to church in the morning.  I've learned to drive in the snow for the most part living in Utah, but there is also the element that I want to make sure I'm safe and in one piece to go to work on Monday.  I'll make that determination in the morning.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »

If 2-3 inches of snow causes you not to drive, you should not be living somewhere that gets snow.  Period.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »

If 2-3 inches of snow causes you not to drive, you should not be living somewhere that gets snow.  Period.

I'll probably go and I'm pretty sure I could make it just fine.  The only thing is the route I take to get to church which is primarily I-15 is pretty much all an elevated surface for the entire 14 miles I drive it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2013, 11:06:29 PM »

I just went out and tested the roads.  There are a good 3" now on the ground and still coming down heavy.  I drove about 5-6 miles round trip and just went 25-30 mph the entire way and made it just fine.  I am definitely a lot more comfortable and am a lot more confident driving in snow and no longer feel I need to use the crutch of a hotel.  I'm looking for a higher paying job that will be farther away, so it will be good to test the roads out and get more comfortable in snow.  It was my choice to move to Utah, so I was forced to learn how to drive in snow.  I have come a long way since having to stay at the Airport all night in November and December.  After 60-70" of snow, I'm finally comfortable.  I should have no trouble getting to church in the morning, though it looks like we could have 5-6" on the ground by then at this current rate of snowfall.  I can always go a different route to church, one that is all surface streets, and I'll just leave quite a bit earlier.  I'll have the benefit of daylight when I go, too.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »

Do they not salt the roads/have snow plows in Salt Lake City? It snowed like 12 inches here or something ridiculous and the roads still look basically normal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »

They do, Lief, but I'm not sure if they work very hard on Saturday night/Sunday morning except for maybe Sunday night in preparation for the Monday morning commute.  The roads were nearly completely snow packed this evening.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2013, 11:16:59 PM »

Huh, that's weird. Make sure to vote the bums out at the next election, hopefully their successors will do something about this.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »

Utah sounds like North Carolina. Jesus. I remember I was in NY in December for the "blizzard" that never happened, and they had salt everywhere by the evening the night before. Surely they have a plan for snow in SLC.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »

Huh, that's weird. Make sure to vote the bums out at the next election, hopefully their successors will do something about this.
This is Utah Lief, this kind of performance is expected.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »

They work like crazy during the week around here, but again I'm not sure what they do for Saturday night/Sunday morning.  Not many people go to work on Sundays.  I'm sure they have a plan, but I doubt its as aggressive as it would be Sunday night/Monday morning.  If they do have an aggressive plan on Saturday nights, it is probably not so much for the Sunday drivers, but to get an early start on Monday morning.  The good news is I live just 3/4 mile from the salt and sand crews and the snow plows headquarters for Sandy City.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »

Probably some Mormon sabbath thing. That's what you get for living in a de facto theocracy, old friend.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »

LOL!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »

The first work night of Week 15 is underway.  I'll be honest, all weekend, I've gone back and forth between looking forward to Monday and dreading Monday.  I am praying and looking for another job, but I'm trying to learn contentment and the ability to recognize that while this job is not particularly enjoyable, it does put food on my table and it does let me stay in this apartment.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2013, 04:21:49 PM »

I just had a nice, short conversation with my father.  He gave me some good advice.  Keep on the lookout for another job, but don't leave the one I've got now until a better one comes along and is signed, sealed, and delivered.  A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »

I like how the writers are foreshadowing Bushie quitting his job for a pyramid scam within the next few weeks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »

I like how the writers are foreshadowing Bushie quitting his job for a pyramid scam within the next few weeks.

Except, I'm not quitting my job unless there is a legitimate job to replace it.  I'm done with pyramid scams and MLM's.  MLM doesn't stand for Multi-Level Marketing, it stands for Much Lost Money.  I'm a little older now than I was in 2010 when I dabbled with Ameriscam, and therefore a little more mature.  I would rather stay where I'm at for the next year or two than to go back to those pyramid schemes.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2013, 04:54:35 PM »

Did you go to church?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »

I did not, I had a very bad headache this morning.

But, with the headache nearly gone now, I will be going to church this evening.  I will leave here in an hour at 16:00 to get some gas and be to church by 17:00.  The service will be over by 18:00, so I should be home by 18:30.  From there, I will be hitting the sack by 20:30.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies