Ron Paul: Mitt's BFF (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul: Mitt's BFF (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul: Mitt's BFF  (Read 6579 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: April 24, 2012, 03:05:29 AM »

Sure, Santorum did terribly in 2006, but Romney would have done equally bad if he had run for re-election that year, and he did do equally bad in 1994, a much more Republican year.

I'm actually pretty curious, how do you guys think Mitt would have fared had he run in 2006? I think we're all in agreement that he would have lost, but by how much?

Deval Patrick won in '06 by twenty points. As an incumbent with lots of cash to campaign with, would Mitt have closed the gap? Or was he so unpopular at the time that he would have lost by even more?
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:34 AM »

Sure, Santorum did terribly in 2006, but Romney would have done equally bad if he had run for re-election that year, and he did do equally bad in 1994, a much more Republican year.

I'm actually pretty curious, how do you guys think Mitt would have fared had he run in 2006? I think we're all in agreement that he would have lost, but by how much?

Deval Patrick won in '06 by twenty points. As an incumbent with lots of cash to campaign with, would Mitt have closed the gap? Or was he so unpopular at the time that he would have lost by even more?

It honestly depends on if he had consistently been trying to get reelected throughout his term, or if he ran for reelection while still making a rightward shift in preparation for a Presidential run. If the former, I could see him pulling off a win- but he'd never go anywhere in a national GOP primary.

I think Romney is a decent guy, and I desperately want to believe that he ran for governor with at least some selfless intentions of improving the state. But sometimes it seems like he just saw the job as a launching pad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies