Wrong-party governors? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:07:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wrong-party governors? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wrong-party governors?  (Read 24637 times)
Ryan
ryanmasc

« on: December 05, 2003, 07:56:27 AM »

And John Ashcroft in Missouri, after losing his Senate race in 2000.
Yeah, it is kind of ironic in a way that losing an election can actually make you more powerful. Bush probably wouldn't have chosen Ashcroft or Abraham for his cabinet if they had won reelection, especially Ashcroft since Missouri has a Dem governor so he would've been handing the seat to the Dems. Likewise Clinton probably wouldn't have appointed Moseley-Braun since with a GOP governor he'd be giving away a Senate seat as well.

LOL good point. I dont know which position Ashcroft prefers but he certainly has more power now.
About Braun I think its safe to say she would consider Ambassador to NEW ZEALAND a second choice to United States senator Grin

PS. No offence to NZ- wouldnt be smart on my part, I'll be reaching there in a few weeks. Cheesy
Ryan
ryanmasc

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 01:43:25 PM »

Heck, they are a friendly country but not so much so that they let tourists vote Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies