Bush clarifies 'anchor babies' wasn't anti-Hispanic slur, it was about Asians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:49:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bush clarifies 'anchor babies' wasn't anti-Hispanic slur, it was about Asians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush clarifies 'anchor babies' wasn't anti-Hispanic slur, it was about Asians  (Read 1442 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 11:55:10 PM »

Jeb Bush just made himself  a classic stereotype of average establishment Republican in the eyes of the base when it comes to the immigration issue.
weixiaobao
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2015, 11:55:17 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 11:57:34 PM by weixiaobao »

"According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, Mexicans make up 57 percent of immigrants present in the United States illegally. Another 24 percent are from other Latin American countries. Approximately 9 percent are from Asia, 6 percent from Europe and Canada, with the remaining 4 percent from the rest of the world."

This is why I support Trump and never Bush.  57% of illegal immigrants came from one country (another 24% came from other latin countries) as compare to 9% came from the ENTIRE CONTINENT OF ASIA.  

IF COMPARE TO THE SIZE OF ASIA to EUROPE/Canada, 9% to 6% ain't all that much (especially in term of population and land).

Yes, Asians do anchor babies.  But those that do it are legal residences.  They came here legally but they afraid they maybe deport because of whatever reasons down the road.

This is why I am fine with Trump.  If Trump is to be against all anchor babies (in which Mexicans is the image of the anchor babies).  That is fine, repeal them all.

But goddam Bush, kissing up to one group while thrashing another group.

Trump's comments on illegal immigrants is not just about "illegal immigrants" but also about tax burden and criminal activities.  Which immigrant groups put in more taxes into the system but received way less in return?  Which immigrant groups has a much higher criminal activities and associate with the drug cartels?  You decide, folks.  Not everyone of that group, but since we are talking in general here.

At least Trump is honest while Bush just trying to score a political point.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 12:01:08 AM »

He's beginning to strike me as limp.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2015, 12:10:56 AM »

He must be referring to this:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/us-agents-raid-alleged-maternity-tourism-anchor-baby-businesses-catering-to-chinese-1425404456
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 12:21:29 AM »

The evidence that Jeb isn't ready for prime time keeps on piling up.
Wasn't Jeb supposed to be the smart Bush?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »

Oh the irony. Now Trump is tweeting about how Bush is a racist...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 01:45:32 PM »

This is extremely stupid. Sane Republicans immediately need to stop jumping on Trump's anti-immigration bandwagon and saying offensive things, or this election will become a hell for the Republican candidate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 02:26:14 PM »

Jeb is just hopeless. He's thinking, well it is really Asians that are doing it, so if I point the finger at them, that means it is not an anti Hispanic thing on my part. Just why he cannot manage to say this is a policy issue, and not the intent of the Constitution, and it makes no sense to award citizenship to somebody born of a parent of any background for that matter who is just passing through, and most countries don't do that, but no. His political, and for that matter, human, instincts, are just piss poor. Dubya, for all his dumbness, had better instincts than this. Part of the problem I suspect, is that Jeb at bottom is kind of introverted, and just not that comfortable with people.

Anyway, he's done I think. First Walker, and now Jeb. That leaves Cruz, Kasich, Rubio, and alas, the barbarian at the gate (heck I would vote for Sanders over the barbarian), still in the hunt in my view.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »

Anyway, he's done I think. First Walker, and now Jeb. That leaves Cruz, Kasich, Rubio, and alas, the barbarian at the gate (heck I would vote for Sanders over the barbarian), still in the hunt in my view.
Based on the new South Carolina and New Hampshire polls, the barbarian has broken through the gate and has been greeted with the jubilation of the commoners.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 03:36:32 PM »

Jeb is just hopeless. He's thinking, well it is really Asians that are doing it, so if I point the finger at them, that means it is not an anti Hispanic thing on my part. Just why he cannot manage to say this is a policy issue, and not the intent of the Constitution, and it makes no sense to award citizenship to somebody born of a parent of any background for that matter who is just passing through, and most countries don't do that, but no. His political, and for that matter, human, instincts, are just piss poor. Dubya, for all his dumbness, had better instincts than this. Part of the problem I suspect, is that Jeb at bottom is kind of introverted, and just not that comfortable with people.

because he doesn't support ending birthright citizenship. For all this controversy, he hasn't said anything  policy wise that clearly sets him apart on the issue from Obama or Clinton.  It is just, as you say, his political instincts are not up to the very high level required for a presidential campaign in the time of Youtube soundbytes and a Donald Trump dominated primary.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies