Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:31:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Which system would you prefer for calculating battles?
Dice

Random Number Generator

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread  (Read 30947 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2017, 10:56:39 PM »

My deepest apologies to all, but I won't be able to have the update up until tomorrow afternoon. I've been extremely busy. It is about half done right now though, so it shouldn't take too much longer Smiley .
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »

The best player:
The best diplomat:
The best war leader:
The best schemer:

The most scheming:
The most aggressive:
The craziest:
The most high energy player
The weirdest:
The most unpredictable:

The one who betrays the most:
The one who marked this game the most:

Let's go! Please don't nominate yourself and Spamage you can participate too!

I will post mine once the game is finished. Don't want to reveal anyone's playstyles after all Wink

Turn is now open! Closes Tuesday October 24th at 5 pm PST. Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2017, 10:38:59 PM »

Spamage I'm curious, as French revolutionaries wanted to expand until they met their natural borders: Rhein,... What are the natural borders for Poland?

Look for old Polish borders Wink

I turn my back for a couple of hours and return to a diplomatic crisis. Smiley Love this game!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2017, 04:01:16 PM »

I am greatly annoyed by the fact that many war start lately in the turn. Even if I hadn't sent my orders yet, I still wrote most of them and I am going to send them to Spamage today. I wrote them by not knowing a full war was going to happen, something I didn't expect.

Simply put forward, I simply don't have the time to prepare for military moves in a such big war that is happening in the case I would decide to join.

So, I will send my Spamage like if if I didn't know that a war happened. And I will take the decision to join or not next turn. Rush rush rush aren't good conditions to play, and I refuse to play in such conditions. And I request no penalties for that.

Err...the thing is that you do know there’s a war though.  It’d be kinda unrealistic not to penalize you for just failing to react at all, no?  I mean, not to stick my head where it doesn’t belong or anything, but why not just make your decision public this turn and request a day long extension from Spamage.  That seems like the logical course of action if it really is just a question of time (not sure why that’d keep you from picking sides, but that’s just me). 
Because I can't in one day decide whether I should join the war or not and that the last time I asked for an extension it was a so big outrage for some outrage.

I dont want to get penalized because players always start their war lately, it's their fault, not mine.

I doubt anyone would throw a fit if you asked for a one day extension and I’m sure Spamage would grant it.  Maybe I just make decisions quickly, but one extra day seems like plenty of time to make such a decision.
Well, I once asked a two days extension and it was a drama lol

Considering the circumstances, I would grant a one day extension if you request it.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »

Just curious, the turn is over as scheduled, right?

Yes, I'm considering it to have closed, as I've recieved everyone's orders. Calculating results now.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2017, 08:58:07 PM »

Thinking more on it, I'll take the Netherlands.

Welcome! I have a question I'll need answered via PM Smiley

Unfortunately, I will not have the update posted until tomorrow evening. I have an extremely busy schedule today.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2017, 01:01:42 AM »

Turn 12 is open, will close on Wednesday Evening November 1st.

Let the fighting resume Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2017, 04:44:35 PM »

Spamage, is there any chance of me joining back in as Denmark?

Unfortunately, as Lumine stated, Denmark has been heavily crushed at this point. It's standing army is in tatters and Norway is lost.

I would allow you to rejoin as Bavaria (though they're already in the War of the Grand Coalitions alongside Austria), the Durrani, or perhaps some other power (I am open to suggestions, though China, Poland, Japan, and the Papacy will remain NPCs).

Alternatively, you could wait until some sort of deal is reached in Scandinavia and rejoin as Denmark once the situation is a bit more certain.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »

Is there anyone I can rejoin as?  I'd prefer the Papal States, but if it isn't available then I call dibs on Bavaria.  The Papal States would be ideal though since I could lay a bit low if I had an especially busy week and then pick back up when I had more free time.  I'd really like to be Pope again and lets be honest, could you possibly ask for a more entertaining Holy See than the one I gave you last time around? Tongue 

As I PMed you, welcome back Smiley

You are Pope Benedict XV.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »

It's always refreshing to see how complaints from players can be so easily ignored with such a fashion. I can't say I'm surprised though as 2 players already threatened to leave.

Complaints?

What do you object so strongly to about X becoming Pope? There's certainly precedent, considering he was already Benedict XIV earlier in the game.

Actually 3 people have threatened to leave, lest you forget. To be frank, I've been trying to balance the desires of more than 12 separate players for 12 turns. Whether it's disputes over army sizes, actions of NPCs or some of the most minute details, I do my best to remain neutral and solve the issue as diplomatically as possible. I certainly don't want anyone to feel like they're being ignored or not heard, so if you have any concerns contact me personally.

That being said, I'm not going to unilaterally exclude someone, especially when I've had trouble getting active players as other nations. These games tend to end when interest dies out, turns get too long, or activity slows. If someone wants to join and will be active, I try to make room for them, as I have thus far.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2017, 10:51:00 PM »

Glad everything worked out.

I haven't recieved any official delay requests yet, so for the time being the turn will close on schedule. Get those orders in! Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2017, 10:02:00 PM »

Just curious, when does the turn close?

At present. I’ve just begun to assemble the information and start to prep the resilts.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2017, 12:31:51 AM »

Military results posted, there was a lot to go through though and I feel like I may have missed stuff. Let me know if I forgot anything.

News will be posted tomorrow. That looks to be quite interesting Wink

Next turn will be posted Friday, X and Kingpoleon will join the game then. Should be great!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2017, 09:06:22 PM »

Sad to see you both go Sad You each brought tons of creativity and unique perspectives to the game. Any successors will have big shoes to fill Wink

I'm interested in taking Prussia unless a more seasoned hand is interested?

Welcome! Smiley

So it doesn't look like the update will be coming tonight. In order to research some stuff and deal with the exit of Lumine and Windjammer, it'll be moved back until tomorrow. In the meantime it would be great if we could find a French player, though that's by no means a requirement.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2017, 08:12:46 PM »

What nations are available other than France?

Bavaria is free, I could be easily convinced to allow other nations, though nothing comes to mind.

I'll need to know who wants Prussia before posting the update.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2017, 11:53:23 AM »

What nations are available other than France?

Bavaria is free, I could be easily convinced to allow other nations, though nothing comes to mind.

I'll need to know who wants Prussia before posting the update.

Thirteen Colonies?

That one is more difficult, because they are still Dkrolga's colonies. I'd prefer we fill France or Naples (which is also avaiable) before having multiple people in different parts of the same Empire...
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »

Turn is open, will close on Friday, November 10th.

GoTfan let me know if you decide on a realm and I'll edit you in. I wrote the update assuming Chairmansanchez is in, but if not at least there are prompts for however gets Prussia Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »

I will join as France if you are still looking for someone to fill in for Windjammer.

Welcome! I'll add your prompts tonight Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2017, 03:08:54 AM »

I think I'm going to need a few more hours; I've been delayed by life things

No problem, I won’t be able to calculate the results until tomorrow morning anyways.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2017, 02:12:37 PM »

I think I'm going to need a few more hours; I've been delayed by life things

Yeah, could I have until Monday?  One of my best friends is getting married today.

I'm still missing many orders, so I have no problem granting this.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »

Hey all, so the turn is now closed. With that, though, I also have  an announcement to make.

This game has been great so far, but, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. I've given this alot of thought over the past few days and I'm willing to now say that the next turn will likely be the last one. I've been getting increasingly more busy and the game seems to be slowing down on its own as well, with little being posted in the main thread. These last few months have been both challenging (testing how effectively I could manage day-to-day moderating while also working and taking classes) yet also highly rewarding. The amount of creativity and devotion I've seen from some players has truly been inspiring, especially considering I posted the idea of the game on a whim.

So here's what will happen. I will post the military and news updates for this turn either tonight or tomorrow. I would then like to draft the next (and final) turn, posting that and letting it run at its usual pace. After that, perhaps a while, I would hope to post a summary of how each individual nation fared for the period, long-term results, and how it will look going forward. Europe has truly seen a good deal of change. This would also include an overall summary of how the world will look going into the later half of the 18th century.

I'm sorry if this announcement will disappoint anyone, but it is no longer realistic for me to balance the game with real-life time commitments. I'm doing a final turn so it can be wrapped up more effectively. If the Second War of the Grand Coalitions is still raging at the end, I will also post a summary of that outcome as well. Certainly I'd be willing to hand over the moderator role to anyone willing, though such actions have been quite tricky in the past and do not often result with game's keeping up their same level of vitality.

I reiterate my thankfulness to everyone for participating. I've wanted to see one of these games covering this period in European history for quite some time. You've all helped make that a reality.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2017, 11:42:04 PM »

Will we ever see the dramatic end of our fantastic game?!

Yeah, sorry. I've gotten more hours at my job so my time for this imploded.

I'm going to scrap the idea for a last turn. You all are free to negotiate any final solutions amongst yourselves for the time being while I work on a final closing summary for the game to be posted this weekend. Anything not covered will be taken over by me.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »

Well, thanks to everyone for a good game. The past 4 months or so were challenging, but also quite enjoyable. Looking back, there's several things I would do differently (namely making turns 1 year instead of 6 months), but even so I think we all managed to construct quite an interesting situation. Thanks to everyone for their patience, creativity, and activity. I couldn't have done this without you guys.

Boy, there's so many things to talk about I don't know where to begin. Talk about alot of treachery behind the scenes Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies