Impeachment Megathread Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:15:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 77285 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: February 05, 2020, 05:21:14 PM »

Every Senator who voted to acquit Trump to remove the duly elected President Trump has zero values and zero morality. A junkie who will do anything for a fix is more principled than any of them.

When will this talking point die? The impeachment clause is there for a reason. It shouldn't just be ignored in its entirety because muh respecting election results.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1801 on: February 05, 2020, 05:21:17 PM »

take a chill pill
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1802 on: February 05, 2020, 05:25:23 PM »

So a bipartisan coalition of Senators including Democrats, independents and Republicans just voted to remove from office an impeached, unpopular president, a reality TV star with no public service experience, who lost the popular vote by a record 3 million votes three years ago only to squeak by amid foreign intervention in the election. Voting to on the other side were 52 Senators, all Republicans, who represent no more than about 44% of the population.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1803 on: February 05, 2020, 05:26:20 PM »

Good for Romney showing some balls for probably the first time ever.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1804 on: February 05, 2020, 05:27:24 PM »

My respect for Mitt Romney grew even more today. He's a patriot and a freedom fighter, who puts country over party. The next Democratic president should award him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Well, that would be a big change from eight years ago when the previous Democratic President explained that Mitt Romney would wage a war on women and that he would cause cancers.

Really funny how liberals love republicans when they are not running for the presidency aymore
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1805 on: February 05, 2020, 05:28:51 PM »

Republicans will suffer at the ballot box this November, and deservedly so.

Yeah, that's why Trump has the highest approval rate of his entire  presidency

43.4% approval lol

He is at 45/52
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1806 on: February 05, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »

Every Senator who voted to acquit Trump to remove the duly elected President Trump has zero values and zero morality. A junkie who will do anything for a fix is more principled than any of them.

Being duly elected doesn't mean you can break the law.

Who was the last President who didn't ever break the law (Respond to this question honestly)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1807 on: February 05, 2020, 05:30:49 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2020, 05:36:31 PM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

My respect for Mitt Romney grew even more today. He's a patriot and a freedom fighter, who puts country over party. The next Democratic president should award him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Well, that would be a big change from eight years ago when the previous Democratic President explained that Mitt Romney would wage a war on women and that he would cause cancers.

Really funny how liberals love republicans when they are not running for the presidency aymore

I say this in the best way, FR - you know I respect and have no qualms with you, but Trump has been acquitted.  

What's the issue? It seems as though there's just as much grief from Trump supporters as liberals right now -- and I certainly wasn't anticipating that.  

And, again, I ask that without a trace of snark or antagonism.  
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1808 on: February 05, 2020, 05:31:23 PM »

Republicans will suffer at the ballot box this November, and deservedly so.

Yeah, that's why Trump has the highest approval rate of his entire  presidency

43.4% approval lol

He is at 45/52

The economy now is running on a "permanently high plateau," but not for much longer. Even then Trump still cant get above 50%
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1809 on: February 05, 2020, 05:32:16 PM »

When will this talking point die? The impeachment clause is there for a reason. It shouldn't just be ignored in its entirety because muh respecting election results.

It'll die when we have a Dem president
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1810 on: February 05, 2020, 05:34:46 PM »

Every Senator who voted to acquit Trump has zero values and zero morality. A junkie who will do anything for a fix is more principled than any of them.

That may be an exaggeration, but I would say that Republicans who could see nothing wrong with what Trump did seem to better fit a Supreme Soviet than either branch of Congress as we used to understand it. I was thinking of the word that William Shirer used to describe the Nazi-era Reichstag: myrmidons.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1811 on: February 05, 2020, 05:35:56 PM »

And for the record, Trump was not “duly elected.” He cheated by accepting help from Russia and he’ll do it again this year. And before you say mUeLlEr rEpOrT sAiD nO cOlLuSiOn, that’s just dead wrong. Jared Kushner met with the Russians at Trump Tower to get dirt on the Clintons, which they had offered. That's f(inks)ing collusion! 66 million Americans voted for Hillary Clinton, almost 3 million more than the orange fascist. And the 63 million who voted for him are all either uneducated toothless trailer trash rednecks from sh**tholes like West Virginia and Kentucky, or Tiki torch-carrying white supremacists. All of whom are the worst this country has to offer.

And the worst thing about it is that if any other president, Democrat or Republican, had done what Trump did, they would have been tossed out on their almighty ass 5 minutes after that transcript was released, and the vote would have been 100-0.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1812 on: February 05, 2020, 05:39:47 PM »

I don't think liberals love Mitt Romney, at least I certainly don't. However, I can recognize and respect that he chose to put country over party, and that this was not an easy thing for him to do. He had every reason in terms of incentives to do otherwise. This demonstrates that on a fundamental level, Romney is a decent and honorable Senator, and history will remember him as such.

If you can't understand the difference between that and "loving" Romney, all that shows is the fact that you don't understand the notion that doing the right thing for the country can be more important than doing the right thing for one's political party. All the worse for you - and unfortunately, all the worse for the country.

And no, it is not funny. Much less "really funny." It is very serious, because it goes to the very root of the sickness that is ailing American governance.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1813 on: February 05, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »

I say this in the best way, FR - you know I respect and have no qualms with you, but Trump has been acquitted.  

What's the issue? It seems as though there's just as much grief from Trump supporters as liberals right now -- and I certainly wasn't anticipating that.  

And, again, I ask that without a trace of snark or antagonism.  

I have no problem with Romney receiving the Presidential medal of freedom, I mean if some future president wants to give it to him, that's his problem, I was just pointing out how hypocrital liberals are. Eight years ago they acted horribly toward Romney, they covered him of durt, they called him a ''tax dodger'', a ''capitalist predator'', ''a republican taliban who would send back women to the kitchen'' and Biden even said that a President Romney would put back African Americans in chains, frankly I have nothing personal against Romney, I just don't understand why he is acting this way, nobody forced him to acquit Trump, he could have simply abstained, but no he decided to side with people who hate him and who destroyed his reputation.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #1814 on: February 05, 2020, 05:44:12 PM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1815 on: February 05, 2020, 05:45:52 PM »

Who was the last President who didn't ever break the law (Respond to this question honestly)
I'm not talking about other Presidents or trying to rank who broke the law, because the subject is Trump. He clearly violated the law and the constitution.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1816 on: February 05, 2020, 05:47:13 PM »

And for the record, Trump was not “duly elected.” He cheated by accepting help from Russia and he’ll do it again this year. And before you say mUeLlEr rEpOrT sAiD nO cOlLuSiOn, that’s just dead wrong. Jared Kushner met with the Russians at Trump Tower to get dirt on the Clintons, which they had offered. That's f(inks)ing collusion! 66 million Americans voted for Hillary Clinton, almost 3 million more than the orange fascist. And the 63 million who voted for him are all either uneducated toothless trailer trash rednecks from sh**tholes like West Virginia and Kentucky, or Tiki torch-carrying white supremacists. All of whom are the worst this country has to offer.

And the worst thing about it is that if any other president, Democrat or Republican, had done what Trump did, they would have been tossed out on their almighty ass 5 minutes after that transcript was released, and the vote would have been 100-0.

LOL ; do you even know that the average Trump voter is wealthier than the average Clinton voter ?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1817 on: February 05, 2020, 05:49:26 PM »

I'm not talking about other Presidents or trying to rank who broke the law, because the subject is Trump. He clearly violated the law and the constitution.

My point is that if you want to impeach every president who at a moment broke the law you would have to impeach every American Presidents up to Calvin Coolidge at least
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1818 on: February 05, 2020, 05:55:14 PM »

52 cowards-48 patriots.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1819 on: February 05, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »

While someone like you who said doesn't stand for our pledge of allegiance or National Anthem or believes are nation broken up into multiple countries somehow likes our nation.

Admit it, you dislike our nation and you are not a patriot in any shape or fashion
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1820 on: February 05, 2020, 06:26:42 PM »

By your definition , then 95% of Democrats and Republicans would be frauds too
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #1821 on: February 05, 2020, 06:28:40 PM »

By your definition , then 95% of Democrats and Republicans would be frauds too
Yes.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1822 on: February 05, 2020, 06:38:07 PM »

So the next time Trump does something to get himself impeached, will we resume in this thread, or start a new megathread? This one is getting fairly close to 80 pages, but I think it still has at least a bit of juice left in it.

?
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #1823 on: February 05, 2020, 06:41:56 PM »

While someone like you who said doesn't stand for our pledge of allegiance or National Anthem or believes are nation broken up into multiple countries somehow likes our nation.

Admit it, you dislike our nation and you are not a patriot in any shape or fashion
You're complimenting him.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1824 on: February 05, 2020, 06:53:02 PM »

Trump immediately refuted the Republican idea he was chastened by impeachment
Minutes after the Senate vote to acquit him on Wednesday afternoon, President Donald Trump posted a tweet undercutting the belief a number of Republican senators expressed in recent days that getting impeached might prompt him to tone it down a little.

Trump posted a video with an edited animation of a Time magazine cover teasing that he, or at the very least someone with the same last name, will be running for president in 2020, 2024, 2028, and beyond. It ends with Trump standing being an election placard reading, “TRUMP 4EVA.”

Anyone who says they want to be 'President for Life' is also telling us exactly how he desires to leave office. (Personally, I expect he'll end up being manhandled out of the White House by some polite but firm medical personnel, prior to his being found mentally incompetent and remanded to a managed care facility for what remains of his life.)
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies