Which of these best describes your views regarding transgender individuals? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:58:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of these best describes your views regarding transgender individuals? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Thought we should get an actual measure of Atlas on this topic
Transgenderism is completely made up
Transgenderism is a mental illness and should be treated as such - no reassignment surgery or recongization of a new gender should be provided
Transgenderism is a fully real thing and we should treat people according to their new gender, although allowing them into their new gender's bathroom or locker room may be too risky
Transgenderism is a fully real thing and we should treat people according to their new gender, including in terms of bathroom and locker room access
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Which of these best describes your views regarding transgender individuals?  (Read 6251 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: December 31, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »

It's biology.  A small minority of babies have the brains of the opposite sex.

The right thing to do is for the mom and the dad of the transgender child to allow them to be who they are at a very young age.

If a little boy wants to wear a pink dress, play with dolls, and be a princess for Halloween, that doesn't always necessarily mean that he is a girl, but its a likely indicator that he will be at least gay or gender fluid, and there's a good chance that the child is actually female in the brain and if thats the case, that child's mental health depends on her being able to be who she is.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:40:46 PM »

I didn't mean to sound like "ER" or whatever that meant.  I just feel I will be vindicated one day by the overwhelming science of  sexual orientation and gender identity.  I still believe that it this is a matter of biology.  I am trans, so I think I know more about this than any of you.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 08:00:02 AM »

It's a complex issue and I apologize for my tone in an earlier post.

The basic point of all of it is : Just be who you are....  If you feel in your heart you are a woman, and work so hard to match the outside with the inside, then I think its common courtesy for people to respect that, even if they don't fully understand it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies