Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse  (Read 24421 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 09, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »

This won't matter because GOP base only cares about this stuff if a celebrity does it and it gives them a chance to rant about liberal Hollywood.

Another example of how the loudest voices for repressing sex often have something to hide.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 04:02:34 PM »

Amazing how women always get the courage to report sexual misconduct (even decades after the fact) after the accused wins a Republican primary...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60MnDJklnM

Most men have, at some point in their life, acted inappropriately toward women in some way or another. This is a continuum that goes all the way from staring at a stranger's boobs or making a lewd joke in a locker room to outright rape, and of course those things shouldn't be equated, but we should recognize that all these things are bad and reflect terribly on our gender.

Do you really think women do not do similar things in their own way?

If we're setting the bar as low as just acting "inappropriately" then yes everyone male or female has acted inappropriately at some point in their life. It takes away from the significance of serious things like what Moore is accused of doing when people act like men being mildly rude is a massive sexist calamity (but of course when women are mildly rude it's no big deal).
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 08:10:56 PM »

Until/unless Roy Moore is forced out of the race, I can't don a blue avatar with any dignity.

The Republican Party has hit a moral low. Let's just hope it's not a bottomless pit.

Post Trump Moore being elected wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me. Not sure what the rules are for being expelled from the Senate (namely what kind of majority is necessary) so I don't know about that. 
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:30:24 PM »

I was hoping for a bipartisan discussion on how horrifying this is, but instead, I got blind Trumpets on one side going "ITS THE EVIL FAKE NEWS LIESSS" and ignorant San Francisco Democrats saying "ALL WHITE SOUTHERN MEN ARE EVIL INBREDS"

You're all disgusting. Shame.

I don't know that anyone's saying that all white southern men are evil, but the fact that a significant number of people in Alabama (and probably a majority) will vote for this guy is telling about the conscience of conservatives these days, or the lack thereof.

Until/unless Roy Moore is forced out of the race, I can't don a blue avatar with any dignity.

The Republican Party has hit a moral low. Let's just hope it's not a bottomless pit.

Post Trump Moore being elected wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me. Not sure what the rules are for being expelled from the Senate (namely what kind of majority is necessary) so I don't know about that. 

A 2/3 majority must vote to expel.

Okay, that's not going to happen.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:37:28 PM »

"I don't remember"? That's pathetic. Either issue an unequivocal denial or admit it and drop out of the race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies