BS In CT Right Now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:52:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BS In CT Right Now
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BS In CT Right Now  (Read 405 times)
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:18:28 PM »

State Update: Connecticut lawmakers are currently at a impasse regarding the budget, which was supposed to be approved by the end of the last legislative session (ended June 7th).  As it currently stands, CT will have a five million dollar (or so) deficit next fiscal year. 

Republicans have been talking and negotiating, but Democrats apparently would rather go golfing than talk about this budget. 

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20170616/connecticut-house-speaker-aresimowicz-picks-golf-over-budget-talks

Anyways....there's just hours to go in the special session called on this matter, and the fiscal year ends soon.  If no budget is approved, the state will be forced to operate under a continuing resolution, which would be quite disastrous for CT residents.  That begs the question....will Democrats attend to one of their only constitutional duties? I sure hope so.  :-/
Coraxion
Ethiopia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:12:08 PM »

>blue avatar

You have no room to talk.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:14:07 PM »

He seems a bit hackish, but he's not wrong
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 09:17:03 PM »

....  but Democrats apparently would rather go golfing than .....  attend to one of their only constitutional duties.

For a minute there, I thought you were referring to trump.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 09:53:38 PM »

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 10:15:56 PM »

>blue avatar

You have no room to talk.

Do you know anything about fairbol other than the color of his av?
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 06:30:23 PM »

Anyways....there's just hours to go in the special session called on this matter, and the fiscal year ends soon.  If no budget is approved, the state will be forced to operate under a continuing resolution, which would be quite disastrous for CT residents.  That begs the question....will Democrats attend to one of their only constitutional duties? I sure hope so.  :-/

No vote on a proposed budget today.  Apparently, the Democrats' answer to the above question is...."no". 

Also, Aetna Insurance says it is leaving Connecticut.  http://wtnh.com/2017/06/29/aetnas-corporate-departure-raises-questions-for-big-connecticut-businesses/

I am quite upset right now....hey CT Democrats, which company will leave Connecticut next? Place your bets!! Sad
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 06:40:32 PM »

No vote on a proposed budget today.  Apparently, the Democrats' answer to the above question is...."no". 

Also, Aetna Insurance says it is leaving Connecticut.  http://wtnh.com/2017/06/29/aetnas-corporate-departure-raises-questions-for-big-connecticut-businesses/

I am quite upset right now....hey CT Democrats, which company will leave Connecticut next? Place your bets!! Sad

If it's any consolation, I could see CT having an inverse Kansas 2014.

It's probably the only state where it might be possible that I endorse the republican candidate for governor, if they're moderate enough and the democrat is mediocre/bad.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies