TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:47:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93816 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: November 12, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »

So I was thinking about how strange it is that a good old boy state (TN) is considering electing a women (Marsha Blackburn) on a statewide level. And I was absolutely amazed by how much momentum she is getting. And I was mulling over on if she could ever be defeated, and I came out with an idea. What if democrats got a near clone to a Trumpian, except on some economic issues, and ran him against Blackburn? This candidate would be male, somewhat sexist, a little openly, and mostly indirectly, and go after Blackburn, distancing herself from "Real TN values" and not understanding us since she does not even know us and cannot accurately represent "us". Stuff like that. Throw red meat at the base of the opposite party, try to bring back enough TN white male votes, and form a coalition to win. Basically, take Blackburn down with a candidate like Trump, except a democrat, and have a combo of indirect sexism, social conservatism, and economic left wing positions, along with being male, to take Blackburn out of the senate in 2022. Essentially, even if a democrat did this in tn, they likely would not lose much of the female vote in state, and possibly draw enough tn white male voters with his rhetoric to form a winning coalition. What do yall think? Could this work, and is it ethical? I think it is ethical, anything to take down Marsha Blackburn besides violence, that is never ok.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 01:39:07 PM »

New Mason-Dixon poll

Trump approval: 51/42 (+9)
Haslam approval: 57/30 (+27)
Alexander approval: 44/42 (+2)
Corker approval: 40/48 (-8)

@RINO Tom:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Democrats are so stupid. They love everyone who says something even remotely anti-Trump, even when they vote with Trump over 90% of the time lol. I guess Republicans are the same way because all Corker has done is criticized Trump a few times.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 12:52:22 AM »

I still think Marsha can pull the W out of this race.

Marsha is definitely by far the favorite right now. I think Marsha beats Bredsen by 12 easily.

She could always be a child diddler though.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 02:33:30 PM »

Here's what could help Marsha Blackburn in the senate race in Tennessee against Phil Bredesen : Bredesen's ties with the disgraced Nashville Mayor Megan Barry who was involved in an extramarital affair with her bodyguard.

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/how-nashville-mayor-s-resignation-could-hurt-phil-bredesen-n854111

Or you could just support the experienced governor who governed as center-right instead of supporting a far right ideologue, but I guess not voting on purely party lines is too hard for some people
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »

Here's what could help Marsha Blackburn in the senate race in Tennessee against Phil Bredesen : Bredesen's ties with the disgraced Nashville Mayor Megan Barry who was involved in an extramarital affair with her bodyguard.

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/how-nashville-mayor-s-resignation-could-hurt-phil-bredesen-n854111

Or you could just support the experienced governor who governed as center-right instead of supporting a far right ideologue, but I guess not voting on purely party lines is too hard for some people

Center-right? A man like Bredesen who proposed coal mining limits and vetoed allowing guns in bars during his time as governor? The moreover that the Cato Institute, a fiscally conservative institute rated him only 53 % on overall fiscal policy score, 57 % onspending and 56 % on taxes. All of this falls more within the parameters of a liberal.

http://archive.knoxnews.com/business/bredesen-proposes-coal-mining-limits-ep-410234349-359501841.html/

https://votesmart.org/bill/11521/33476/22392/guns-in-bars#.Ws-3VX_A_IU

https://votesmart.org/candidate/evaluations/22392/phil-bredesen#.Ws-4oH_A_IU

How is not allowing guns in bars a liberal position? That's just common sense. Even my conservative cop dad thinks allowing guns in places where people get drunk is absolutely stupid.

And Bredi cut tenn care a lot, which is a policy that impacts far more people than drunks not having guns in bars
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 11:47:08 AM »

I can't imagine Blackburn ever becoming a senator. It's just my hunch. I can see Bredesen winning.

I can also see Corker endorsing Bredesen.

He's supporting and donating to Blackburn
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 09:42:02 AM »

I guess Blackburn could take the advantage over Bredesen by slamming him on his record on taxes since he raised taxes close to $1 billion during his time as Governor, which could label him as « too liberal for Tennessee ».

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/news/story/2009/aug/16/taxes-millions-under-bredesen/231046/

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/news/story/2010/dec/28/bredesen-tax-legacy-may-be-tough-act-to-follow/37946/

He had a 70% approval in his tenure as governor. Clearly people realized the tax raises were important.

Why can't you accept that Bredi is a reasonable guy and a fantastic governor lol.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »

Not a poll of the race, but favorability numbers for TN-SEN:

Vanderbilt University, April 26-May 8, 1400 RV

Marsha Blackburn 49/38
Phil Bredesen 67/25

Trump job approval: 53/44
They definitely polled the Senate race, but obviously Blackburn was winning and they didn't want to release that.

Fantastic tinfoil hat.

If a useless, grandstanding far-right congressman beats a very moderate, respected Governor, Tennessee is stupid as hell. Plain and simple. I can't wait until congress is just a bunch of Bernie Sanders & Warren stans vs Marsha Blackburn & Ted Cruz stans. America will go to sh!t if we keep electing terrible & worthless senators.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 10:07:07 PM »

Lying Bredesen betrayed by his staff.  Veritable catches his staff saying he just saying he was just saying that he would support Kavanaugh to get elected. He would not actually vote for him.  A staff members says Tennessee voters are ignorant.  One says he hates Trump.  They say he will be a good Democrat, if elected.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/okeefe-strikes-again-video-captures-tn-dem-candidate-phil-bredesen-in-classic-bait-and-switch/

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

One of the staffers says this is how Doug Jones ran in Alabama.

This is the type of garbage most of you Democrats posting here support.

Bredesen:  What a Despicable Man.  A LIAR THROUGH AND THROUGH. 

Lol what dumb staffers.

But this isn't really anything new. You're just looking for reasons to dislike a moderate respectable man because your viewpoints are very far to the right on every issue. It's OK to be a far right hack, but we get it by now Yankee.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 10:39:35 PM »

Lying Bredesen betrayed by his staff.  Veritable catches his staff saying he just saying he was just saying that he would support Kavanaugh to get elected. He would not actually vote for him.  A staff members says Tennessee voters are ignorant.  One says he hates Trump.  They say he will be a good Democrat, if elected.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/okeefe-strikes-again-video-captures-tn-dem-candidate-phil-bredesen-in-classic-bait-and-switch/

THE HYPOCRITE IS CAUGHT. 

One of the staffers says this is how Doug Jones ran in Alabama.

This is the type of garbage most of you Democrats posting here support.

Bredesen:  What a Despicable Man.  A LIAR THROUGH AND THROUGH. 

Lol what dumb staffers.

But this isn't really anything new. You're just looking for reasons to dislike a moderate respectable man because your viewpoints are very far to the right on every issue. It's OK to be a far right hack, but we get it by now Yankee.

Why could he not have been honest about Kavanaugh?  Why did he lie about what his dealings with Trump would be like.  His whole campaign has been one of deception.  He really has disgraced himself.

I would guess I am no more of a political hack than you are.

I support both Republicans and Democrats though. In Georgia I tend to support more dems, but it was the opposite back when I lived in New Jersey (and oh boy do I want to see Menendez lose).
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 11:43:51 PM »

As I said in another thread, this is what happens when Democrats run as Republican-lite these days.

I can only hope the Democratic party heeds Truman's warning soon - if they do so in time for the 2020 election, I think they could pick up 5 or more seats in that year.

How do you explain Joe Manchin?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies