Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:33:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ  (Read 9405 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 15, 2019, 12:14:39 AM »

iAs always, Ironic the descendants of people who murdered the local inhabitants and took their land call peaceful immigrants "invaders".

Also can we maybe not give this walking cancer pile attention by spreading the video around?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:12:04 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2019, 07:28:35 AM by Mr. Rogers' Bunkerhood »

Why is the video even being shared, or rather, why is it allowed to be? Anyone caught sharing it, probably filling the killers with pride that their "work" is being seen by others, should be charged and sentenced as if they were part of the attack. Any media outlet sharing it needs shut down.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:41:41 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2019, 05:21:42 AM by Hammy »

Please don't slander New Zealand, and please don't make dumb, nasty posts about this tragedy. New Zealand and the vast, vast majority of people in it are tolerant, compassionate and peace-loving, and I echo Jacinda's message that those responsible are not at all representative of New Zealand.

I personally don't blame New Zealand--I'd blame Australia if anything since it was their spawn that carried this out.

Though this comes off a bit as being less concerned with the people who were killed, or lost loved ones, and more concerned with what it does to the country's image.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 12:22:55 PM »

Terrible tragedy Sad

What happened to the shooters? I don't have much time to read up on everything that's going on. Are they still at large?

Four were arrested within a few hours of the shooting, I don't know if there were more than that though.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »

I feel kind of proud I've never been to 4chan and haven't really heard of 8chan until now. 

I was on 4chan way back in like 07-08 when it was mostly cat and anime memes, this is the first I've heard of 8chan at all.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 03:14:19 PM »

I mean, he did explicitly say he was a communist at one point in his life.

"disillusioned leftist/communist" seems to be a gateway to the far right community--a few people I knew in the past ended up going that same direction, with their twitters becoming filled with antisemitism and regrets of prior leftist views.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies